Thursday 27 August 2009

Office Products - mini stapler, office products


I serve in a restaurant and need a stapler to organize my checks, credit card slips, and coupons. We have 2 at work that float around and are never located where they are needed. So I bought this assuming that I could trust any Swingline stapler to be great. I don't like to complain, but this stapler has given me some difficulty. I prefer to write positive reviews, so I'll try my best to not be too negative. I'll keep it in the pro vs con + comments setup



Pros:

This stapler is small, lightweight, and relatively durable (especially the outer case). The outer case completely encloses the mechanism and keeps most debris out. It's comfortable to keep in a pants pocket or apron pocket and can easily fit in almost any bag/purse with room to spare. There is a primitive staple remover built into the base which is also durable. It functions as advertized under the right conditions. It uses standard-sized staples. It has a key-chain clip that seems rugged.



Cons:

As I mentioned I've had some difficulty with this product. This stapler is not very intuitive. To use this stapler from it's closed, protected position you must open it to 90 degrees using two hands, lock in the operational mechanism using two hands, and then close it slightly without using too much pressure as to not waste a staple. Also the stapler is prone to jamming.

You must only have one continuous chain of staples loaded at a time or it will jam. You must keep at least 4 or 5 staples loaded when you use it or it will jam. You must not use too much force when stapling or it will jam. You must make sure that you press the mechanism all the way down when stapling and make sure it does not come back up too quickly or it will jam. When the stapler is in it's operational position you have to be careful about bumping it or dropping it or the staples could fly out and it may jam.

The metal piece that holds the staples is a little flimsy and can bend out of shape under normal operating conditions (which might also cause it to jam). The stapler can not sit upright on a flat surface. And lastly (not exactly a big con) you can't select a specific color (mine is metallic pink which not exactly a color I would've chosen in a store).



Other Comments:

I wish Swingline had kept to their usual awesome standard with this product. It's made out of mostly durable material, it's not terribly designed, and it does actually function properly under good conditions. But when I'm at work I have to stop everything I'm doing for a minute or so to use this stapler. It's jammed several times and I have ended up having to just give up on it and put off my organization until later. But it's still better than having to look around for 10 mins to find a stapler and I have learned to function with its quirks after a few shifts. It was only $5 (I even got it with free super-saver shipping) and I'm not completely unsatisfied with it. I will probably buy a better one to use at work if I find one, but I'll be keeping this one just in case. Swingline Tot Slim Portable Stapler, 12 Sheet Capacity, Includes 500 Staples, Assorted Colors, COLOR MAY VARY (S7079136A)

This stapler blows my mind. It is a bit tricky to figure out at first. Once you do it will be a great companion for any student that likes to be prepared. 12 sheets no problem. Truly dependable and durable.

I have looked extensively for a small stapler to carry in my bag. It seems like I've had one of every kind. The design of this stapler is really ingenious. I've never seem anything like it and it could have been a great find if it had been made better. It's plastic (of course!) and I have little faith that it will hold up over time. In order to staple, you need to slide a button which moves a mechanism inside. It's really hard to slide and I always forget which way to slide it, so I never know if it's stuck or I'm pushing the wrong way. If this was made of metal and executed well, I'd pay $40 for it. I hate that the mentality now is buy one and when it breaks, just buy another. Grrr.

I bought this product because of the good reviews. Well, I got mine and hate it. It is a good idea, but is poorly made and doesn't work well. Sometimes it doesn't work at all. I would pay a few extra bucks and get a more quality product.

This is a cute little stapler and very portable. I keep it in my backpack for the times it is needed. It has the advantage of using standard staples although you will need to break a stick to make them fit.



It came a little stiff and hard to slide into operating position, hopefully it will loosen up over time.



High recommended if you need a portable small package stapler. - Office Products - Mini Stapler - Office Supplies - Swingline'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information