Monday 31 August 2009

Laptop Accessory - bluetooth, mogo


This is a very nice novelty mouse. I say novelty because of the following reasons:



Pros:

+Fairly inexpensive. (I got mine for $18.10 [shipping included]).

+Compact and lightweight.

+Easy to recharge (provided your notebook has a ExpressCard/54 Slot).

+Built-in red laser pointer.

+Have the option to use the mouse elevated; Flip-Out Kickstand(45 degree angle) or flat.

+Has the ability to scroll down/up webpages via a touch-sensitive scroll pad.

+Does not have a visible optical mouse light. (allows you to save "some battery power")



Cons:

-Retail packaging lacks any manual or instruction pamphlet.

-To charge the mouse, your notebook/laptop needs a ExpressCard/54 Slot.

-The mouse will only charge if your notebook/laptop is on. (it won't charge in sleep/hibernation mode)

-3.7V 70mAh battery (equates to very low battery life.)

-Very cheap design. (the entire mouse is bonded together by adhesives and fused plastic)

-If you're using one mouse for 2 computers, you have to manually pair the mouse. (not difficult, but very tedious)

-Due to its awkwardly flat and square design, this mouse is not for your avid gamer.

-There is no on/off/standby button/switch.



If you're using a notebook/laptop, this mouse is definitely far better than using a trackpad/tracknub. If you are a frequent notebook/laptop user, there are far better, cheaper, and longer lasting (battery wise) mice out there. If you want a rechargeable laser pointer with a built-in mouse, this is for you. HP Mogo Bluetooth X54 Presenter Travel Mouse for Laptops

I love this mouse it is great for the person on the go because you do not need to buy batteries or make sure that you have room to carry. The other nice thing is if you have Bluetooth V2.1 on you computer the mouse will still pair up even though the mouse its self is V2.0. Great for school work home or the person on the go. I recommend it for any one who has a laptop with the Express card 54 slot.

I am in meetings 70% of my day and use my Logitech Nano as my main laptop mouse. I purchased this Mogo mouse for when I do presentations or don't want to drag my nano with me to conference rooms. The Mogo built in laser pointer is great, buttons work fine in presentation mode, but when using the Mogo mouse as a standard mouse it does not even come close to the feel of a real mouse. It does not move as smoothly or fluidly as a real mouse, but this Mogo gets the job done.



Overall, great mouse for presentations / short meetings but not for all day use.

great product overall. sometimes can be a little sketchy when using the mouse. seems to be when the battery is low.



we bought 10 of them for work, everybody that has one LOVES it, everybody that doesn't is jealous :-)

I got this because my friend had one, which seems to work OK. The one I got works well as a wireless optical mouse but hard to use as a remote control for presentation software. The built-in laser pointer did not work at all.

I used the PCcard mouse until my company replace my laptop. The new one have the x54 slot. So I purchase this one and I'm very happy with this.



It is ready once I take out of the slot and it feels good and precision pointer. The scroll function is good unless a bit more sensitive of what I want. I did receive the mouse only with no software to install or download so I don't know if the sensitive can be adjusted. The third button for the mouse is very close to he edge and I needed some time to get used to it.



I will continue searching for a driver to this mouse that allows me to control the sensitivity and I might update this review in the future. For now it is not as bad to get one less star.



Once you change the mode to presenter you are able to use the pointer laser and the optics is tuned off. I have found this very useful to do my presentations.

I had a hard time at first trying to get this mouse to connect to my HP laptop. After some trial and error I got it to work perfectly. I discovered that my built-in Bluetooth was version 1.x hardware. Even with the latest BT drivers, the mouse would not connect. As luck would have it, I had also purchased an "IOGear USB 2.1 Bluetooth Micro Adaptor" for a different project. To make a long story short, I disabled the built-in BT and installed the micro adaptor and then everything started to work fine. The only other thing worth saying is that Bluetooth mice and keyboards don't usually need a pairing code, so you can choose the option to not use a code. Considering the fact that my laptop is more than 5 years old, spending $12 for the new BT adaptor didn't seem too bad. Also I now have the option to activate my WiFi hardware and BT hardware seperately.

To use the mouse in presentation mode which activates the laser pointer and disables the mouse function, press the Mode/Connect button on the bottom of the mouse. The light on top of the mouse turns red and the laser works, as well as the right and left buttons. The right button advances a step and the left button reverses a step. The scrolling feature seems to be disabled in this mode. - Mogo - Laptop - Bluetooth Mouse - Bluetooth'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • bluetooth
  • ,
  • mogo
  • ,
  • bluetooth mouse
  • ,
  • laptop