Tuesday 25 August 2009

Weighing Scale - weighing scale, postal scales


I sell on ebay and was having trouble finding a postal scale locally that would weigh heavier items,like coats......I bought this scale from EZ sell on Amazon and couldn't be happier....In the 3 weeks i have owned it, my USPS has not once disputed the accuracy of my postage.....Now I can list my items with confidence,knowing that i have correctly calculated the shipping charges.....The scale is so easy to use and the digital read-out is bright and clear!.....I love my new scale!.....It has made my little business run so much smoother!...........Thanks, EZ sell! Digital Postal Shipping Postage Bench Scales 35 lbs

I had avoided the use of digital scales not trusting their accuracy; relying on an old fashioned weights and balance scale and my ability to read the meter correctly. Since this scale was so inexpensive I decided to give it a try.



Right out of the box, after attaching the tray and plugging in the scale, it worked as it should. I didn't have to calibrate it but that feature is available should you need to. It's lightweight which is a switch from my old fashioned scale and I DO like the lighted display. The choice of measures (g; lb:oz; kg; oz) makes shipping interantional items even easier.



So far I've used this steadily for a little over a month and have no complaints. This seems to weigh as accurate as the post office's official scale. I'm happy with this purchase.

Although I haven't used the scale very much, I did go through the basic functions of calibrations, zeroing and random weighing of large and small items. It worked well for grams, and when I weighed one of my 10 lb. dumbbells, I discovered it actually weighs 10.8 lbs. I think you'll be pleased.

I've been using this scale in the barn to weigh hay. It works well, and seems to be very consistent. I have not used it to mail anything. I keep it wrapped in plastic when not in use to prevent all the dust, dirt and other barn crud from gumming up the works.



The only thing that I would change is the location/angle of the display. If you are weighing something large, you can't see the display with the object on the platform. For postal weighing, this would not be a problem (just wait for the "hold" and remove the box) but for weighing out a quantity of something it is inconvenient.



Over all, I am very pleased with this product.

I just received and tested this scale - it's perfectly accurate and very easy to use. I tested it by taking 5 items of different weights to 2 different post offices and weighed the items on their floor-standing postal scales in their lobby - the ones that customers use to buy postage for letters and packages. Each USPS scale at each post office showed the exact, same weight for each item, even down to the tenths of an ounce.



This convinced me that the item weights were accurate, so, I wrote down the exact weights, which ranged from 4 oz. to 5 lbs., then weighed the same items on my new Tree SPS-35. The Tree scale matched EXACTLY, ALL 5 weights of the items, also down to the tenths of an ounce. This Tree scale required no prior calibration to get these exact weight matches - it was dead accurate right out of the box. I also tested the scale using both electricity and battery power and got the same, exact results.



I couldn't be more happier with it. BTW, before buying it, I did have one question about calibration, so I wrote to the contact person on the LW Measurements website and got a response within 24 hours. My question was: "What is the MINIMUM amount of weight needed to accurately calibrate the scale, if I should ever need to?" The answer was: Any object(s) OVER 10 lbs. I think one of the demonstrations at the company's website uses 11 lbs. of weight.



Anyone considering this scale should go to the LW Measurements website (Amazon won't let me post the link), and you can see a PDF file of the Users Manual (and) 4 video demonstrations on how to use different features of the scale.



Now, the real question is: "How LONG will this scale last with perfect accuracy ?"

Well, it supposedly has a 2-yr. warranty, but I'll try to remember to come back here and post how it's holding up 1 year from now.......or earlier if it crashes.

Very nice scale! Easy to read and easy to switch to different units of weight. Use it mostly for mail weighing. Nice size. Accurate weights, nothing has come back for more postage. Have weighed package at postage to compare and scale is right on. Would recommend this scale.

I have been looking off and on at postal scales for almost a year, but really didn't need one at first--and was determined not to pay too much or buy one that wasn't very accurate and fairly versatile. I put this one in my shopping cart a couple of months ago and, recently-- when I decided that it was finally time! --I took the plunge... Have been using it for a week or two and I really love it! It seems very sensitive and accurate when weighing letters and small parcels, but also promises to weigh larger parcels (up to 35 lbs) so I feel prepared for almost anything! It should pay for itself in no time with money saved on postage using click-n-ship and paypal--not to mention all the gas and time I save NOT running to the Post Office!



[...] - Postal Scales - Weighing Scale - Postal Scale - Shipping'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information