Friday 28 August 2009

Tablet Case - case, tablet case


First of all, I received the case with keyboard two days after I ordered it, fantastic. However, the keyboard doesn't work. Some of the keys will type but the majority will not. I also tested the device on my home computer USB port and it recognized the keyboard fine...but the same few keys work and the majority do not. Wrote seller for a return or exchange.



UPDATE 2/4/11-- Seller was excellent. He responded in one day to my keyboard problem. I received a new case in two days. It works great. Thank you for this great customer experience. 10.2" Synthetic Leather Case with Keyboard and Stylus Pen for ePad and aPad (Black)

[[ASIN:B004JQN670 10.2" Leather Case with Keyboard and Stylus Pen for ePad and aPad (Black)

I purchased this for a 10.2" Apad tablet. It has several uses. Not only does it act as a case to protect the tablet from scratches, but it has a kickstand in the back to hold it up. It transforms the tablet into a mini laptop! It makes it easy to watch videos and movies too. The item arrived within 3 days..fast shipping.

This is a must for tablet users. Highly recommended.

I have been using Zenithink Zt-180 ePad and looking for a case for some time. This case bought from Amazon works great for the ePad. The protection is good. The appearance is stylish and doesn't seem to be anything cheap. Now comes to the best part - it has a keyboard included, a very large physical keyboard. Since I got the case, I've never taken it out of the case again and I've seldom used the virtual keyboard. The keyboard feels comfortable when typing and it's very close to a laptop keyboard.



So far, everything has been positive and I will definitely recommend it.

This is an extremely useful keyboard and stand. I purchased four cases.

However,...

1), I think the smell of this leather (if it really is leather)is terrible.

2), the lack of a mousepad when the USB is connected, and most importantly,

3)the lack of an efficient, safe, and strong closure tab instead of the magnetic one. This tab closure is not strong enough to keep a 1 lb. device inside.If the device is tilted toward the magnetic closure it slides right out! It happens on all four keyboard cases. It should have an industrial strength velcro closure stitched onto it. The android tablet that it's supposed to be enclosing &/or protecting isn't made of paper... It's an electronic device! The case should be modified for safety as well as it productive use.

If you're looking at this product for the G-tablet, don't get it. I had mine for one day, then sent it back.



Why? The tabs on the side that hold the tablet in are DIRECTLY in the way of where you need to plug the keyboard in. Meaning, either you have to bend the tab out to plug the keyboard in, or take the tablet out (and thereby defeating the purpose).



I'm sure you could just bend the tab back and forth every time you want to use the keyboard, but how many times would you have to do that before the tab broke off?



End of the line: it's not built for the Viewsonic G-Tablet. Save your money and get something else.

My Archos tablet fits in the case from side to side but has space left at the top which also allows the "clip" to cover the on and volume buttons. I am not really concerned about that. I like the case/keyboard overall and is very functional. I agree with another reviewer that mentioned the magnetic closure...not a good choice for this case. However, I now have a small portable "netbook" that I can easily take with me while I'm on the go. Overall, nice item.

The picture of this case did not show it, but there are guide clips on the left and right side of the case that guides and holds the tablet in place. The left guide is about 3" down from the top and 3" from the bottom on the right side..there are 2 clips are the bottom as well.



The Viewsonic G tTablet slides easily into the case and you can gently angle the left and right clip inward for a more snug fit.



The problem I ran into arose when trying time plug in the k/b USB cable. The clips cover the standard USB port in either (landscape) orientation of the tablet.



I bought a female USB to male mini USB adapter ($1.83 on Amazon) to see if I can make this case work for me as that port is accessible. We'll see. If not I will have to return the case.



Update: If you search Amazon for "Viewsonic G-Tablet Case and USB Keyboard with Kick Stand - By GSAstore" you should find what looks like the exact same case except the left guide/holder tab is moved down, partially covering the left speaker (another poster said that it does not noticeably block the audio)..they do not seem to keep stock for too long as they were out when I looked for it last week (I just ordered one and there was one left in stock)..

This is a nice case, however, it does not fit the Viewsonic G10 tablet. The case is significantly larger than the tablet. Therefore, it does not provide a secure grip. Also, one of the holder tabs fits right over the standard USB port which is needed to connect the keyboard. It would be great if the keyboard connector was a mini USB, then it would connect to the G10 tablet port without a problem. I bought this case because it was listed on the Amazon web site as a good fit for the G10. I will return the product. - Tablet - Keyboard - Tablet Case - Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information