Monday 26 October 2009

Blackberry Pearl - blackberry trackball, trackball


My trackball was no longer able to scroll up and left. I bought this kit and within 5 minutes of opening the box, I had a fully functional new trackball. The tool is a bit of a gimmick - almost anything will let you pop the old trackball out. Inserting the new trackball is easy, and now my blackberry feels (and functions) as good as new. BlackBerry Trackball with Ring and Opening Tools for Blackberry Curve Pearl 8100 8110 8120 8130 8220 8230 8300 8310 8320 8330 8800 8820 8830 (Colors Vary)

I have used two of these after my BlackBerry Curve 8330m took a bath and was dissatisfied with both of them.



The 4 rollers are designed to respond to when the trackball moves up, down, left, or right respectively, however the majority of the time, I had either the up and down rollers or the left and right rollers responding simultaneously. The end result would be that the cursor would either not move at all, or it would jump around unpredictably. Needless to say, this was quite frustrating.



Because both of them had the same problem, it is safe to assume that they are either the components that failed to pass RIM quality control inspections or they are knock offs manufactured by a third party who does not test their product.



In the end, I purchased a custom colored trackball and as soon as I installed it, all of my problems were solved.







Side Note:

The openers included in this package are not needed to change the trackball: they are merely a cheap marketing ploy.



Use a paperclip to pry off the chrome ring from the outside, turn the phone face down into the palm of your hand, give it a solid smack with your other hand, and the old one will just drop right out. Another way to take it out after removing the ring is to touch the end of the paperclip to the magnetic rollers and lift it out.



If you need to remove the face plate for some reason, you will also need a special screwdriver, which is not included in this package. Also bear in mind that there is a little white seal over one of the two screws that hold the phone closed: breaking that seal WILL VOID THE WARRANTY. Popping out the silver ring with a paperclip leaves no visible evidence, so if you need to take your BlackBerry in for some other damage, the authorized service technician will be none the wiser.

I was OVERCHARGED for the shipping cost, I bought 2 of the same items, Just so I could have a spare, I SHOULD NOT have been charged two times the amount for the shipping, It was going to the same address and was sent in the same little envelope, The whole package did not weigh over 5 OZ if it even weighed that much. I was over charged $2.98 too much, Should not have been charged $5.96 Thats called a shipping scalper.



The Blackberry Trackball it's self was 100% Good.



I just don't like being overghared on shipping cost... - Blackberry - 8300 - Blackberry Trackball - Trackball'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information