Sunday 25 October 2009

Tactical Footwear - military, danner


I have worn multiple combat boots include danners, bates, corocan, oakley and these Rockys. These are hands down the best combat boot I have ever used and will buy them again if they aren't issued, and most people who have them will say the same.



The sole lasts long and doesn't slip



The oakleys I was wearing prior to this were easily torn and very slippery. I have personally written 2 medical boards for guys with herniated discs and one of the exacerbating factors was them slipping on the aircraft or pavement . . . they were wearing oakleys



I have not had any issues with these rockies from a physician perspective



For fitting, I am a 10.5 brooks running shoe, 9.5 Oakley, 10 Rocky Men's Rocky S2V Vented Military / Duty Sport Boots Sage Green, SAGE GREEN, 7

I got a pair of these prior to deployment, they broke in really fast and are incredibly light and comfortable, and they also dry out quickly. Its a summer weight boot, so i keep in might what environment you'll be using it in. The soles have started to degrade slightly, but overall are holding up great.

These boots seem pretty solid, unfortunately for me they don't come in anything wider than 2E so I ended up returning them. Sometimes 2E is wide enough, sometimes it is not. In this case, it was not. The toe-box in particular seems a little cramped.

Fantastic boot. Been wearing these for a couple of weeks now and I will never look back. The way this boot is designed allows the wearer to worry less about breaking them in and just concentrate on doing the job without tearing up your feet with blisters. Which, for those in the military, is always a pain in the ass. Great in any type of terrain and weather. A massive problem with a lot of boots is once they're wet, they usually turn brittle once they dry. I haven't had that problem yet with these. The only drawback with these is the laces they come with; they feel like theyre made out of the wax material you use for those sew-all needles and getting them undone, especially in a hurry, is a nightmare. But, if thats a massive issue its easy to fix......get new laces lol. Two thumbs up for these bad boys.

I wore these boots through Infantry Officer Basic Training and US Army Ranger school last summer, and they were great. Their durability is unmatched. What really makes these boots perfect for Ranger School is the insole. The insole is very thick and provides great cushion and stability for your foot, which is extremely valuable when you have a 100lb rucksack on your back.



Sadly, Florida Phase did destroy my boots, but only because of how leather reacts to the swamps. The boots were fine all through school, but when I let them sit out for a week after Ranger graduation, the swamp water hardened the leather so much that they became unwearable. I liked these boots so much that I bought another pair and am now wearing them in Afghanistan.



In my mind, you won't find a better boot no matter how much you spend.

I bought these boots in September 2009 right out of Basic at Ranger Joes in Georgia. 16 Months later, the only problem with them is that they are starting to shred up the laces every couple of weeks. Currently, this pair is on its 8th month of a deployment, so they are looking a little rough. I just ordered me a new pair of Rocky's. As long as they are authorized for wear, I will have them on my feet. Probably the most comfortable boot right out of the box. I would agree that you should 1 up your size for these boots because the toes will be a little cramped. Hope this helps. - Tactical Footwear - Military - Tactical - Danner'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information