Monday 26 October 2009

Cold Weather Gear


It didn't fit. So I thought, no problem - I'll just send it back and exchange it for the correct size. But no exchanges! To get another one, I had to pay an additional $20+ for it. I did it this time, but never again. And from now one I will read the fine print on everything I order! I was not thrilled with Amazon this year. Caterpillar Mens Heavy Insulated Parka, Black, Medium

I'd been looking for a heavy coat for a while as it gets cold here in Maryland during the winter months and my down jacket was coming apart. I'm also anemic so I get cold very easily. I didn't want to spend a ton of money but I still wanted a something nice and fucntional. I figured if Caterpillar could make good heavy machinery then they could make a good coat. [^_^]



It most certainly keeps you warm. Even when it's gusty it does the job very well. I like that the sleeves are wind proof. There's a good seal with the stretching inner cuff in the arm. There are lots and lots of pockets to keep all your things in both inside and out. I like the security pockets in between the flaps closest to the main zipper.



I would rate this coat @ a 4.5 out of 5.The only points off are for the main side pockets on the front of the coat. They're lined to keep your hands warm but they could be angled a bit to be more ergonomically positioned. If they were tilted a bit even at a degree angle these pockets would be awesome. Also it gets really warm during normal walking. That might be just me because my internal temp gauge is broken haha That's just nit picking though. It's a solid coat/parka.

Although not as puffy as I might have wanted, the coat is surprisingly warm and definitely windproof. Just after receiving it we had temps of 17 degrees F. with wind chill of -10. I was out photographing the recent snow and the coat kept me pretty comfortable. The pockets are a bit too small to store bulky hat or gloves in though.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cold Weather Gear Cold Weather Gear Cold Weather Gear