Sunday 25 October 2009

Macbook Pro Cover - macbook pro, clear


I got this case because it was cheap. It's a nice case. Snaps into place, just like it should. BUT, it was obviously designed for the old Macbook powercords. The new macbook pro that I got (May 2010) has a different style of power cord where instead of the cord coming straight out of the plug, it is perpendicular. The plastic case was obviously designed for the old laptop cord, because now, it is really sensitive when you use plug the cord in one of two ways. It's kind of hard to describe. It's a slight annoyance, but still an annoyance. iPearl mCover Hard Shell Case for 13" A1278 MacBook Pro (Crystal Clear)

after seeing that this shell had "feet" (something that the speck cases that these are copies of, lack) i was sold. Sadly, i learned the hard way... you get what you pay for.



a few of the downfalls of this case:

- one of the feet on the bottom has already broken after only a week of use.

- the top of the shell has lines where the plastic was molded together, making it look extremely cheap.

- the thickness added to the laptop is just too much. (but thats personal opinion)

- the front edge is sharp... my wrists are raw from resting on the laptop while typing.

- it "clamps" onto the lid and bottom of the laptop... these little plastic holders have started to scratch my beautiful macbook pro.

- the magsafe connecter hole had little shreds of plastic that i had to cut off with an exacto knife just to get the connector to fit.



all in all, its not worth it. the ONLY thing this cover has going for it is the price. if you care at all about your mbp, get a real case. leave this cheap import stuff alone.

I bought this case rather than the Speck, which looks much nicer and appears to be better made, because it's noticeably lighter weight. The MacBook is already heavier than the PC it replaced, and this is a factor for me when lifting a full travel case into the overhead bin. So this mCover case is an acceptable alternative. It's a little tacky but protects the exterior adequately and was less expensive. As others mentioned, the shell has to be cut away (with a razor blade or exacto knife) in order for the power cord to seat firmly. I like the feet on the bottom that raise the angle of the keyboard, but be very gentle with them, as they can stick, and I can see that they could break pretty easily if forced.

The case is very sturdy and made of a thick plastic, perfect for protecting my macbook from scratches. It took about 20 second to snap onto the macbook, and fits like a glove. the case has openings for all of the usb and plug ports, and the dvd slot. Also, the bottom of the case is vented so it helps prevent too much heat build up. I dont think many cases have this feature. this is a must have for any macbook user, esp if you are constantly moving your laptop around to different places.

This cover is great except that with the new ac adapter, it only fits one way. (toward the computer rather than away from it, therefore partially blocking the ethernet port. Other than that, it is a very nice case. It's great that the top cover is all one piece without a cut-out for the apple logo. I feel that it is durable and will protect my computer from scratches. A keyboard cover is included.

I loved the case! It was the perfect size and the perfect clarity! It fit great and is a wonderful protector. I also love the fact that there are little "lifters" to elevate my mac at an angle which is sweeet!!! Also the company was wonderfully And shipped my products super fast! If I ever need another accessory I will check these guys out first!!! Loved loved loved it highly reccomend

I really like the shell that I received for my laptop. It was very easy to put together and snapped right into place. It did not add any weight to my laptop and the shell stays in place. My mind is at ease now that I know my laptop is protected. I would definitely buy another shell in a different color.

The case fits my Macbook Pro 13 perfectly with accessibility to all peripherals connections. Easy to snap on and taking it off takes some care and knowing where the notches are located. THIS CASE DOES NOT OPEN TO FULL RANGE of the MB Pro design. The bottom edge of the the screen hits the back corners of the laptop making it impossible to open fully. Still gives a normal viewable angle, but if you put it on your lap you will not get a good optimum viewing angle.



The flip out feet is a good idea but it tend to slip on a smooth desk. The bottom front feet/risers are stuck on with foam padding, it's only good on some surfaces and not durable.



I have to put more money on a different case, cause this one is unsatisfactory.

Wish I would have bought this product a long time ago to protect my computer. I tend to terrorize my tech product and this case protects while aesthetically preserving my lap top. The product does tend to get even hotter than without the case so make sure you power it down not leave it in sleep mode when carrying with you. Dust/Dirt does get trapped under the case but doesn't scratch the computer which is a major plus compared to other cases. Overall very pleased especially considering the price. - Macbook Cover - Clear - Macbook Pro - Macbook Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information