Thursday 29 October 2009

Office Electronics Accessories - canon, photo paper


This is a reasonably priced product that produces very good photos. I am happy with it, and it's a lot less expensive than buying smaller packs. I found that Canon photo papers work best with Canon printers, so I don't buy other brands anymore. Canon Photo Paper Glossy, 8.5 x 11 Inches, 100 Sheets (0775B024)

The mat paper prints extremely nicely, this glossy paper doesn't print quite as well and it's really thin (not much thicker than standard 20# paper, but glossy). I prefer a sturdier paper as this creases too easily when handling it (to trim photos). I think it's worth spending a little more and getting a paper that is more like commercial processed photos.

I had been using a cheaper photo paper to print photographs, so when I ran out of it, I bought this Canon paper from Amazon at a great price. Then I was pleasantly surprised at the HUGE improvement in the quality of my print with Canon. I would definitely buy this paper again.

I print and frame photos for myself and family, so this works great. you have to frame it almost right away, because it is thin and will bend easy. Also have to be careful loading it into the printer to not crease it. However 100 sheets for this price, you cant bitch. Photos come out great, like thicker paper Ive used before, just handle with care.

I've used Canon printers for years, and do a lot of photo 8.5" x 11" prints. My paper of choice has been Canon's matte photo paper (Canon Matte Photo Paper, 8.5 x 11 Inches, 50 Sheets (7981A004)), because it is fairly economical, and produces good results. The matte paper does seem to absorb a lot of ink, so I decided to try Canon's glossy photo paper, which seemed to be getting rave reviews here at Amazon.



The results using my year old Canon iP4600 printer, and non-Canon ink cartridges are outstanding. Colors look accurate, and are not too saturated, with the glossy finish being comparable to a real photograph. The paper is thicker and stiffer than I expected it to be, which is a good thing as you don't have to be super careful, to avoid bending the print. And the glossy surface of the print is not prone to picking up fingerprints, like a real photograph.



At somewhere in the 18 to 22 cent per print range, this paper is very affordable for those that make a lot of prints. My impression is that ink consumption is something less, than for a similar print using matte paper. If this is true, then that is another benefit. How long the prints will last, is an important question I can't answer at this time. Assuming prints are not exposed to direct sunlight or harsh lighting, hopefully they will not degrade or discolor for several years.



As an avid photographer who does fair amount of printing, I highly recommend this photo paper. Canon's matte paper is great as well, and roughly the same cost. Matte or glossy, Canon has my needs covered.

I'm using this paper with a Canon iP4700 printer. Granted, the paper is thinner than other brands, but I find this means easier, cleaner cuts. Even more, as I like to make colleagues, (putting a tacky spray on the back of the photos to allow for a smooth, ripple-free mounting,) this thin paper makes for excellent, seam-free, nearly invisible joinings. So, people doing photo crafts might wish to consider the handling benefits of this paper over thicker brands?



What impressed me more is the color! Yes, I'm using Canon inks as well! To appreciate the color difference, understand that I enjoy playing with light and shadow. I'd printed a number of photos on different paper (using this same printer and inks) but the shadow was so overwhelming that it actually muted entire features into darkness. To manipulate the brightness to bring these hidden features forth, would mean that the rest of the face would look washed out. I felt like I was between a rock and a hard place.



Reprinting those same photos on Canon glossy paper captured the features in shadow without lessening the warm flesh tones that are in the light. Who knew? I was impressed!



Now, I'm not a professional photographer - this is just a hobby to me. And, I'm sure $2.00 to $3.00 a sheet paper will certainly produce far better quality than this paper. But, for the money, I like the results.



Oh, and another feature I didn't factor in originally, but have since learned, "Hey, it happens!" Misprints - we all make mistakes. They won't hurt as much if it's this economical paper you're wasting.



I'm giving Canon glossy paper five stars simply because it hasn't disappointed me in any way.

Canon paper works very effectively in my Canon printer. It gives me superior results compared to other photo

papers I have tried in my printer. The area that particularly shines is the skin tones. They come through

in realistic tones. I also observed no fading in color, even in the photo displayed in the room (vs the one stored in albums) over several years I have used the paper. - Photo Paper Pro - Glossy Finish - Canon - Photo Paper'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information