Wednesday 28 October 2009

Boot Cut Jeans - boot cut, loose


I am a regular consumer of Levis jeans, specially the 527; in fact I own close to 12 of the 527 Jeans in different styles and colors, Levis is my preferred brand, they are stylish, the fabric is of excellent quality and they are available for a fair price.

Lately I really don't understand what is going on with their quality processes. I work for an apparel manufacturing company, so I know the different steps to sew a garment, and when you are having such wide variation on the different characteristics of a product is simply because your quality control processes are not in place or they are not functioning correctly.

I am writing this because I feel absolutely disappointed, a couple of months ago I bought the Levi's Young Men's 527 Low Rise Boot Cut Jean, Destructed Blue, 36x32 and it was almost 2 inches shorter than it is supposed to be. Now I purchased the Levi's Men's 527 Low Rise Boot Cut Jean With Back Pocket Treatment,Hot Blue,36x32 and the Levi's Men's 527 Low Rise Boot Cut Jean, Midnight Scraped, 36X32 and AGAIN, the same problem. I am furious because this represents a mayor inconvenience to anyone who purchases something and when you receive the item is not what it was meant to be. The worst thing is that I went to a local Levis store and bought the same pair of jeans (Midnight Scraped) and they perfectly fit, I don't know if this issue comes from Amazon or not. But it is no coincidence that happened 3 consecutive times.

I had to give the 3 Jeans to my shorter brother and at least I was able to get a partial refund for the price of the Jeans. I am sincerely thinking about never buying a pair of jeans over Amazon again.

The only jeans that were exactly the size and length that I purchased were the Levi's Men's 527 Low Rise Boot Cut Jean, Indie Blue, 36x32, which for me are the most versatile and comfortable Jeans of the 527 Levis Style. Levi's Men's 527 Boot Cut Highway Jean, Highway, 32 32

I'm a fairly thin guy, so my other 527s fit quite nicely. They're loose, but not too loose. So when I received these from Amazon expecting the same fit as the 527s I bought a couple years ago I was really surprised. They were a very snug fit. They we're very similar to Levi's skinny fit jeans - not at all the look I want. Back they go.

I'd been looking for a decent pair of non-baggy jeans for some time when I stumbled across these. I love these jeans! I spent 8 months losing 60 pounds, and I didn't do it to wear 'relaxed fit', 'loose fit', or 'comfy fit' jeans.

Way to tight to be 527! They are more like the 511, skinny jeans. They do fit below waist although leaving to show my very lower back. They they don't seem loose around my thighs either. I am also disappointed because I first was sent a pair with exactly the same fit but indicating it was some another model. Thinking they had done a mistake I shipped them back. I thought this time I would get a 527 like I am used to and I got this tight fit jean again only labeled 527 ...something is wrong with these jeans.

I bought these jeans for my husband who has been wearing Levi's all his life, unfortunately, he's been stuck on the relaxed that fit tight at the cuff jeans forever. With these new 527 jeans, he finally looks like moved into the current decade of designer jeans. These jeans fit wonderfully, sitting below his 'problem' area if you know what I mean, tight across his 'still rockin' area and tight down his thighs, ending with a slight flair at the bottom.



I would never pay big money for jeans for my husband because he considers jeans to be for work, and that means grease stains, acid holes, grass stains, and whatever a guy gets into while he's fixing things. Paying $100-plus for jeans for him is unthinkable. Now I have the perfect solution. Great looking, modern jeans for under $50. This could end up bringing about world peace, at least at our house because now when he wrecks a pair of jeans, I can just go buy him another pair. In fact, when I finish here, I'm going to do just that, order him 2 more pair of these great jeans.



They are not as thick as the relaxed jeans my husband has been wearing, they're more like my jeans, soft, comfortable and the color (indigo) is just lovely. Thank you Levis!



After buying 5 pair alltogether, I have to say that sometimes the lengths vary, and by inches. I bought 34/32 and the length can sometimes be 31/34. Not a deal-breaker for me, but be warned.

I have serious doubts as to whether these pair of Levi's 527 I bought via Amazon are genuine. I bought the same pair of jeans (not 1 but 7) at D****m E*****s and I received a much better and I believe genuine product.

We bought these in the "medium chipped" color. My husband loves the Levi's 527 style and we have purchased many of these jeans from the store. The ones that we bought here online were a very thin material as compared to all the others we have purchased before. We did not return them since my husband says he will wear them during the summer, but they would never hold up to be work jeans as intended.

I recently purchased two pairs of Levis 527's from amazon.com and while the length was good, the fit on the waist, hips and legs was much tighter compared to other 527's. The cut is about one inch smaller on the legs so it is therefore uncomfortable to wear. I won't be purchasing anymore Levis from here. Sorry.

Upon receiving the package, everything looks great..the material and stitching seems very similar to the standards of other Levi products as well as past Levi jeans I have personally worn for years. However, the jean material does seem a bit lighter, meaning it feels thinner and lighter weight than previous 527 jeans I have worn. In conjunction to this notion, I have also found the the fit to be a bit tighter around the waist, though the length of the leg seems to measure out fairly. Interestingly, I have found other reviews to also have similar issues. - Relaxed Fit - Levis - Loose - Boot Cut'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information