Thursday 29 October 2009

Iphone Car Mount - iphone, iphone car mount


I wish this was built better because if you put it on your windshield and *never* touch it again, it works great. I like the stiffness of the neck and the ability to rotate from portrait to landscape. HOWEVER, the first one I owned broke when I tried to remove it from the windshield. The part that breaks is a small piece inside the suction mechanism that allows you to "lock" the ultra-strong suction into place. Once it's broken, you can stick it on something but it will rattle and eventually fall off.



I notified the manufacturer and they replaced the broken unit under warranty (it took a while to receive the new one.)

I was excited that they replaced it, but only three weeks later the exact same thing happened to my replacement unit, and that was with me already knowing to be careful with the lock mechanism! It simply doesn't take much effort to break the tiny piece inside and there is no way to access it for DIY repair. Once it's broken, the product is immediately useless. This is a design flaw and unfortunately I cannot recommend this product to anyone until it's fixed because there are no workarounds. Macally mGrip Suction Cup Holder for All Portable Devices in Vehicle (Black)

S. Kallshian posted a review stating that the locking mechanism easily breaks on this. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I bought two of these, one for my girlfriend and one for me. Hers is still fine, because she never moves it. I moved mine (I bought a plastic disc to mount to my dash, I was tired of having it stuck to my windshield), and it has not worked since.



In addition to the lock mechanism breaking, mine will no longer hold my phone in landscape orientation. It will stay for about a minute, but then the phone will slowly rotate until it is in portrait orientation. Very disappointing. I almost never leave reviews, but I am on Amazon looking for a new phone mount for my iPhone, and saw this so I decided to leave a review to warn others about my experiences with this mount.

I always read the reviews before I buy and for some reason I did not do that for this holder, if I had I would have purchased a different holder. So far this has worked very good for me but should that change I will modify my review.



I bought this for my IPhone. I have a Ford Escape with Sync and MotionX Drive loaded on my IPhone. This holder is long enough that brings my phone out to the front of my dash where I can see it the way I want. It also seems to be holding up very well. I do not leave this attached to my window when I park my car any place other than my garage. I have had this on and off of my window several dozen times already without any problems. It sticks firmly to my window and releases very easily when I push the release button. The neck is flexible allowing me to set my phone exactly in the position I want yet sturdy enough to hold where I set it. The holder is adjustable and holds my phone very securely in place.



As an Amazon Prime member I got free 2 day shipping on my order and it arrived on time and in perfect shape. - Iphone Car Mount - Iphone'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • iphone
  • ,
  • iphone car mount