Saturday 24 October 2009

Hot Shot Hot Water Dispenser - boil water, hot water


Are you tired of having to get your tea kettle, waiting for it to heat up, and worrying about forgetting it when running to do a quick other errand? Then you will agreed with me that this product is a miracle worker.



With this hotshot, you can heat up water very quickly for teas, hot chocolates, and for coffee presses. This is useful at home as I can set it up really quickly as I am running around doing other things.



The other great use for it (which I'm going to buy a second for!) is to keep on the desk to refill my coffee press at work. It is tiny and out of the way, so I don't have to worry too much about it.



Two cautions though: You can't turn it "Off", so if you accidentally hit the on button while plugged in, unplug it quickly! Fill it with water, and replug it back in. It isn't made to handle heating up with no water inside. Also, I don't recommend leaving the water in there and reusing it next time.



One con I have seen is that people don't like that they cannot fit tall cups under it. I have run into this, but honestly, I would rather not fit a cup than have it be taller. It tucks away nicely under things on my counter, and that is another reason I like it so much -- it just tucks away! To solve that problem, I just grab a lower cup, and since it is still clean, put it upside down on the draining board. It really isn't a hassle.


If you over-fill the water reservoir, as with any boiling water, it will boil over. This can be remedied by following the instructions.



As long as you use it as it was designed to be use, it will boil water without a hitch. My mother and I have been using this now for a couple of months to make tea, and I get a much more consistent brew than boiling water on the stove or in the microwave. Probably saving a decent bit of electricity too.


Sunbeam 6131 Hot Shot Hot Water Dispenser



A must-have for hot beverages & soups!


I had a white version of this product for close to ten years. However, I forgot to drain it and water lingered for close to a month. It was nasty and I had to throw it out. The black version is much sleeker and I'm confident it will last just as long as my old one. It's fast and efficient. The only drawback is that it doesn't accomodate very tall mugs. Not that big a deal for me. I use this at work and couldn't live without it.


I had originally purchased a cordless electric kettle for heating water. While it did work, it required a minimum amount of water which was more than I ever needed and took a few minutes to heat. This is SO much more convenient! I can premeasure just the amount of water I need before I add to the dispenser and it literally heats it to boiling in mere seconds!! This is so handy for any "instant" food...oatmeal, cup of noodles, mashed potatoes, and hot cocoa to name a few. This is definately one of the best and most used appliances I own. I highly recommend it!!


Absolutely love this product! I made the purchased two weeks ago - with the intention of using it to make hot water for tea in the office. For the simple purpose of heating water VERY quickly, you can't really get a better deal. A couple things to note: 1. It can NOT warm up soups, etc. 2. All hot water must be drained after every use 3. You can not adjustable temperature (Boiling water only). That's fine w/ me ... since I can definitely wait a minute or two to cool down before putting my sencha tea in my cup : )


A great gadget for those who love their hot drinks in seconds. Saves heating a stove burner for a cup or two. Also, great travel companion or for camping or boating. The white version of this same product has been around since the mid to late 1970's and worked just as good then as the black model works today. I'd rather use my Hotshot over using a Nuke oven or stove burner for instant beverages.



UPDATE: When I referred to this same item on the market back in the 1970's, it was made in the USA and our products lasted longer.



The newest model I purchased barely 2 years ago was used several times in a day AND, everyday. It worked fine up until its "quit date" and then became another piece of garbage. Maybe I over used this item on a daily basis in order to save heating an electric coil burner with an "old fashioned" tea kettle.



Well, trying to be the green person I have felt I have tried to be when it was not "political incorrect..........I am now back to my tea kettle on the stove and will never buy this product again. China made products do not impress me one bit.



They are made very cheaply electrical wise verses what the USA used to make.



I still love this appliance and how it can work for home or travel.



With all the cheap components made, which go into alot of today's products.....I will gladly look for older tag sale finds made in the USA before I purchase another "made in china product". Their QUALITY CONTROL leaves much to be desired!!!!



At least with American made products, many times the "quality went in before the name went on" We as USA citizens have to get back to our basic routes and manufacture quality products once again!!!!!!!!

- Electric Water Kettle - Hot Water - Electric Tea Kettle - Boil Water'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information