Saturday 31 October 2009

Power Point - 2010, word


The Disc version costs $120 currently, and product key version $106.



The Disc version can be installed on three PC's instead of just one for the product key version.



The Disc version provides for easier emergency recovery/reinstall (no downloads) compared to the product key version. Microsoft Office Home & Student 2010 Product Key Card

**On A Clean PC** = This key works flawlessly when used to activate Office Home/Student that has been downloaded from the website ([...]) provided in the editorial review. It is written that the website can be accessed for a limitied time and I have no idea how long that is. It still exists as of this writing. To reiterate, using the online download version together with the product key offered here results in a trouble free install - On a Clean PC, (no prior install of Office). An install disk can be purchased from MS for about $15 after tax (free s/h), at the time you do the download, if you want one. I did not pre-install Office in leu of receiving the product key...I waited until it came in the mail (two days Amazon Prime), and activated it immediately after download.



(Installed on old (2005 or 2006 I think) Sony laptop VGN-SZ270P/C with 2gb ram running Vista from a clean install)

Well I bought this for my daughter in college, and nowhere in the ad did it say is was for computers that were preloaded with office 2010.

I had downloaded a trial of office 2010 from micorosft and they said all I needed was a key, so I purchased this key on Amazon and it really looked like the right key.

Did not realize until product was received and read the small print on the box.

Well in a nutshell the key would not work on that software.

After downloading new software which took about 5 hours from my daughters college dorm I was able to use this key.

Good luck to anyone that buys Microsoft Products.

Around 5 minutes after I typed in the product key it gave me an error message. Needed to fix errors produced by an older version, even though this was a new Acer PC. I clicked on OK and it took 40 minutes or so to finish installation. Then I got an error message saying the installation had failed.



At this point, here is what you do. Open the "Microsoft Office" program again from the start menu. It will give you the option to repair the installation. Click on that. In 40 minutes or so and after a reboot, you will have Office installed on your PC.



Why do they make us go through this?

I just recently installed this software on our new i5 PC and I think it is so cool. The GUI is so sleek and clean looking in fact much better layout and build than MS Office 2007. It is also a lot easier to use. I would recommend this product.

If you do not need to put MS Office on multiple computers, this is all you need. My laptop for work came with MS Office Starter, which had limited abilities and options and finally didn't work for me the way I needed it to. In the end I had to purchase the full version and this was the least expensive way to do so. It did the job and was very simple to do.

The install was difficult. I had the 2007 trial on my computer and once the program got to the end step it would stop. I called Microsoft and was told by the first person they could not help me. The second time I called I got help. It took them at least an hour to get it on my computer because they had to use some of their programs to remove 2007 and I could not have done that with the add/remove on the computer. Once they had finished with the set up process and everything was installed it runs great. I love it compared to 2007. Very easy to use.

My only difficulty with this product was the lack of instructions to uninstall the trial version that came preloaded on my laptop. Any previous versions of the product must be uninstalled. Until I did that, my Office 2010 would not install. Microsoft help line finally solved the problem.

This item was offered as a deal from Amazon after purchasing a pc. Now, I like OFFICE programs a lot, but I failed to review the contents and restrictions, which are: there are only 4 programs and user's can only install it on machines with Office 2010 PRE-INSTALLED. I do have a new machine that fits the bill, BUT... how many more machines will I buy before Office 2010 is replaced by Office 2012 (just supposing one arrives then)and how many will have Office 2010 pre-installed? I'd say ZERO! So, I'll get a single use out of a 3-use Key Card. Darn it! You see, I assumed -from years of experience with WINDOWS, that Outlook and Publisher were always an integral part of OFFICE. Wrong! Microsoft has trimmed it for the student budget; yet what does the productive student in need of those project-oriented programs do? I guess this package is for the "less productive" among us.With that said, I suppose I can live without OUTLOOK and PUBLISHER on this machine, two programs I normally use a lot. Luckily I have two other business machines that have fully loaded OFFICE 2007. I did run the four programs and they work and look fine, even a bit cooler than previous version, as far as new features.If you did expect OUTLOOK and PUBLISHER --like I did, now you won't be disappointed. If you don't use those programs you may be happy with just WORD, POWERPOINT, EXCEL and ONE NOTE. In searching for an email client I discovered Ultrafunk Popcorn! Look it up. - Word - 2010 - Microsoft - Office'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information