Tuesday 27 October 2009

Kindle Power Adapters - chargers, kindle 2 car charger


What's to review about a car charger, right? I mean, you plug it in, it does the trick, you unplug it, there you have it.



Well, let's see....



1. It's well made. It doesn't feel "cheap and hollow." Have you ever used a sort of knock off brand cell phone charger.... you know with cheap metal parts and cheap plastic? This isn't one of those.



2. Your Kindle will, in fact, charge pretty quickly. Now, I do want to point out that this item is sort of a luxury item in the sense that the Kindle DX charge lasts a loooooooooonnnnng time. But there will come a time when you've left your Whispernet on and the batter ran low, and you're 8.5 hours into that long journey and you're losing charge and you want to recharge. Well, here you go.



3. The cord doesn't stretch all that far, but there's really no hinderence at all. My Kindle DX is easily readable from the driver's side, while plugged in - I kid, I kid... I don't read the Kindle while driving. No, the limitation here is that if you have a power source in the front seat and you want to read while it's charging from the back seat, no go.



4. Careful not to strain the connection areas. DON'T attempt to read with the cord fully stretched. You can a) pop the cord out of the power source and smack the person in the passenger seat with the blunt end or b) risk break off from the Kindle connection. That's a no no. You don't want pieces of the cord adapter stuck in your Kindle power port. (This hasn't happened to me, but I'm aware of this sort of thing happening with other electronic adapters).



5. It's difficult for me to complain about price because I recognize that this is an item of convenience. BUT, with all the things we have to plug in these days, I wish we didn't have to have a zillion adapters - one for every possible device. By the time you spend $20 on adapters for your Kindle, Leapster, XM radio, cell phone, lap top, car vacuum, air pump, and backseat blender (again, I kid) you're out a bunch of money for a device that, in the instance of the Kindle DX, you might find isn't used all that much.



HELPFUL TIP: If you've got one of those label makers - you know, the kind that you can type out something that comes out on a ribbon. MAKE a lable for each adapter and wrap the label around the cord, taping it to itself (like a little tab or flag hanging off the side) and you'll NEVER forget which adapter goes to what device, ever again.



Solid product, works great, saves time, not necessary, probably, but it does what it is supposed to do! Rapid Car / Auto Charger for the Amazon Kindle 2nd & Latest Generation / Kind...

This is a fine product and does what I expected it to. It recharges my Kindle just fine as it should. BUT if you want to read your Kindle while it is also charging in your car, you may find, like I did that the cord is a bit too short for comfort. It's nothing you can't work around since there is a coil, but it may take a few uses to loosen up a bit. I just thought I'd you a bit of a heads up about it!



All in all a very good value for the price, and I did buy a second one for a friend so I really do recommend this product.



I'd also like to mention that I do love working with this company. Every time I need something from them they deliver within what seems to me like mere minutes LOL!, and if a product has become iffy...they work with you without complaint, easily and quickly giving you the best help you could ask for, all from the comfort of your own home. I love Gomadic.

Nothing is more madding than to be rideing in the car or Motor Home and have my Kindle battery go low .and be in the middle of a good book.This alows me to charge my Kindle while on the go. It's the best.Thank You

Lynn

This is a very convenient item to have. I take my Kindle with me wherever I go and it's necessary to have a car charger in order to take care of my Kindle. My daughter also bought (at Amazon of course) a nice book cover for it and a nice purse like carrier so keep it from being damaged or getting knocked into the floor when driving. I am proud to have a Kindle. My doctor has been thinking of getting one and the nurse practitioner said to me: "YOU HAVE A KINDLE?" Everyone wants to look at it and asks what all it will do. Thanks Amazon!

It is very nice to have a charger for the car, but the shortness of the coiled wire causes some problems because of the strain on the wires close to the connecter to the Kindle. Mine broke just over a month after the warranty ended. Paying another $25 is just too steep a climb for me. I'm just going to put up with the inconvenience of having to charge it in the house. - Kindle 2 Car Charger - Kindle - Chargers - Kindle 2 Charger'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • kindle 2 charger
  • ,
  • kindle 2 car charger
  • ,
  • chargers
  • ,
  • kindle