Sunday 25 October 2009

Performance - jump drive, flash drive


I've been looking for an ideal usb drive for quite some time, which means it should not have a cover that can fall off and with a good read/write speed. My previous favorite was the Lexar JumpDrive Swivel series which were built much better but are no longer made!



This drive is fast, has an all-in-one design (the casing itself fits onto your keyring), works with my Mac (OS X Snow Leopard) and looks great as well. In addition, the casing seems durable and weighs less than most plastic flash drives - you barely feel it on a keychain or in your pocket.



If you're looking for a simple and functional USB flash drive, this will serve your purpose. Lexar JumpDrive TwistTurn 32 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive LJDTT32GASBNA (Black)

I owned Sandisk keychain USB for years. Got a replacement new Sandisk USB - the keychain attachment broke after a week Sandisk would not replace the 10 cent keyring - cannot find small like that anywhere else.



So I bought Lexar JumpDrive. Great product. Durable, attaches to key ring--easy to carry around. It travels everywhere I go. It's a new product - I was hesitant to buy it online but I am glad I did.



Best design ever. If you like to have your USB everywhere you go, you'll be happy with this one.

I bought this USB flash drive on sale around Black Friday and what a deal it was. It's definitely worth even paying full price for. My computer recognized the drive immediately after I connected it, there are no unnecessary programs installed on it, and the whole twist-turn design is fantastic. It protects the drive when you're not using it, without really adding much room. It is very well constructed; doesn't feel cheaply made. You can also attach this drive to your key chain and bring it wherever you want.

I was looking for a memory stick that was an all-in-one design (no cap to lose), was inexpensive, and had a reasonable bit rate transfer.



I bought an Emtec unit (separately reviewed) and it was soooo slow.



This Lexar performs extremely well and I recommend it.



PS. I work for EMC Corporation, so I know storage! :)

Just received mine. It's a no-frills 64GB which is what I wanted. It came with absolutely NOTHING loaded on it, formatted Fat32, a tiny instruction manual about formatting it differently, my Vista recognized it fast, can fit just about any angle with its jacknife design, solid loop to connect a string to, dim light indicator so not to grab your attention everytime it lights up. Big enough for me to transport big Acronis or Ghost Images from one place to another without having to carry around AC cords and all with external drives. Just all around 5 stars.



Cons:

1. Probably won't survive a washing machine wash because it doesn't have a cap. But hey, be smart, keep it on your key chain, in your purse, or somewhere you won't wash it accidentally.

2. Price. I found mine for $127 at TigerDirect but looks like the price shot up $50 now.

I was so excited to have the convenience of 8GB on my keychain. Unfortunately, it stopped working after 4 days. I had it plugged into my Mac when the computer said something about removing the device improperly. Sadly, the flash drive was still plugged in. It no longer registers on my or any other computer. The light no longer comes on.



I am assuming this is an anomaly as the device has received rave reviews. Amazon is sending a replacement. I am putting trust in costumer reviews and hope my new Lexar 8GB flash drive lasts.

I needed a simple/quick way to get my MP3 collection (which had long since outgrown my old 16GB flash drive) into the Sync system in my Ford Flex. (BTW, Sync is an way-cool system, and the Flex is an very nice vehicle... but that's for another review.)



I first bought a Sandisk 32GB Cruzer... big mistake! I spent several hours removing U3, formatting, adding files, removing files, re-formatting, adding files again, resetting Sync to Factory defaults, updating Sync software, etc., until I finally gave up all hope of the 32GB Sandisk flash drive ever working, and I returned it, quite disappointed.



I decided to take a chance and try again with the Lexar 32GB Jumpdrive. Hooray, it just works! No messing around with removing software that I don't want or need, no re-formatting, nothing that I needed to do with Sync. I just copied my 32GB of MP3's onto the Lexar drive (writes were pretty fast; certainly faster than the Sandisk was), plugged it into the Sync USB port, and it works great!



I like devices that just work like they are supposed to, without making me do a lot of extra work myself!

This thumbdrive worked fine in the first couple weeks, then it became more and more unstable - sometimes it stops working suddenly, showing an error messge "device not recognized". I've tried a few computers and I'm sure this is not the problem of the computers. Other thumbdrives work well on those computers. Maybe I got a defect product?

This flash drive opens like a knife so you don't have to keep up with a plastic cover. Really like it. Also has an opening at one end for putting it on some sort of loop to keep up with it better, if you want.



My computer tech friend suggested it -- said he has had one for a long time...uses it on his calls...and never had a problem with it. - 32gb - Jump Drive - Flash Drive - Lexar'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information