Monday 30 August 2010

Air Tools - finish nailer, finish nailers


This is the one.



I had the oportunity to try several 15 guage nailers after deciding that my 16G Porter Cable could not do the job I wanted it.



Don't get me worng. My PC is the best 16G nailer in my arsenal but I needed something more.



I tried the Hitachi 15G, the Senco, and the Bostich.



I then tried the Dewalt and I was hooked. I was ready to buy the Hitachi, but the Dewalt went down to a 1" over the Hitachi 1 1/4" and the balance of the Dewalt just felt better in my hand. I also liked the feel of the trigger, plus the fact that I could access the depth adjustment more readily on the Dewalt over the Hitachi.



I have run about 16 hours of work with the tool so far and I am very happy with it. I run it with oil, since there is no better way to protect the seals and rings. I know that Dewalt advertises that you can run the tool without oil, but do not do it. You will just eat away at the life of the seals and piston rings.



No doubt a winner. Much improved over its previous D51275K. DEWALT D51276K 1-Inch to 2-1/2-Inch 15-Gauge Angled Finish Nailer

This gun is very smooth, it sets the nail just right.

I have used several differant guns professionally and this one is very desireable. If you want to save $20 and get junk that will jam at crunch time buy somthing else. If you want reliable smooth quality get this one....

Bought this to install new hardwood flooring in a rental condo we were renovating and couldn't be happier with my choice. It is easy to use, well-made and I'm certain will last for many, many years to come. I'd never installed hardwood flooring before and after a few test "shots" into some scrap plywood I was successful in laying 120 square feet of 3/4" Maple and 25 square feet of Brazilian Redwood with nary a glitch. Getting the correct angle on the "tongue" of hardwood flooring is really the only skill you need to learn and, once you've got that, it's a breeze and you'll be installing floors that look truly professional.

I bought this nailer 4 months ago and went around and around trying to get nails that worked with it. The angle on Senco DA nails is slightly less than the nails that came with the nailer. I also tried a few after market nails--same deal. Finally I ordered Bostitch DA nails and they are exactly the same as the ones that came with it. Probably they are purchased by DeWalt for the kit. The Senco nails even say that they are for this gun on the package. They shoot 3 or 4 times and jam. Bostitch run great.

-Matt in Wisconsin

I bought this nailer used in mint condition on Amazon. Seems to work fine. I am using Porter and Cable 2 1/2" nails and it shoots them well if you don't slam the nail bolt forward. If I slam it the nails seems to wedge in the delivery ramp and don't feed. A minor thing but it took me a minute to figure out why it was only shooting one nail and then stopped. Since then I've used it with no issues.

I recently purchased this Finish Nailer for use in some home improvement projects. I was very surprised how light this nailer was and how little recoil is generated in its use. I have used it with 2.5, 2.0, and 1.5 inch nails with no problems and no jams. I have not used it a great deal yet but have had no problems so far. If there is a single negative about this item is that it is made in the People's Republic of China. I had read on another website that Dewalt tools were made in the United States. That information was incorrect. I really wish it had been made in the free world, preferably the United States, and not in the Communist Worker's Paradise. (Rant Mode Off.) Finally, I choose this Finish Nailer based upon the feedback provided by previous purchasers at Amazon.

this nailer worked perfect.........I have many others and have found that you get what you pay for.........this great deal came at a perfect time for one of our projects.........no problems, easy to handle..........many features that I was not use to that came in handy,............I would give it 2 thumbs up

I spent hours on amazon researching finish nailers and in the end went for this one. I read reviews on every product I buy as I buy 99% of my tools online, what annoys me is that not a single reviewer of this gun stated that the trigger and the magazine are made from cheap plastic! I have 2 bostich guns for framing and roofing that are both solid and extremely bounce proof as I have dropped both from great heights on several occasions, granted this is a finish nailer and will most likely never be higher than a door frame, but even then I would be surprised if it held together from that low a height drop! I can understand the need to keep weight down but unless you are an 80 pound weakling you could easily swing this gun all day even if it weighed 10lbs. So for once inspire confidence in your tools and build them solidly...I have stuck it back in its box and will drive the 50 miles to a big box so I can check to see if all guns in this price bracket are built the same if so then maybe I'll keep it long enough to test my drop theory... - Nail Gun - Finish Nailers - Air Tools - Finish Nailer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • air tools
  • ,
  • nail gun
  • ,
  • finish nailers
  • ,
  • finish nailer