Saturday 28 August 2010

Stops Snoring Pillow - side sleeper, anti-snoring pillow


I bought this a few months ago and am still using it. The pillow does help keep you sleeping on your side. If sleeping on your side eliminates your snoring, this pillow will help you. If you snore like a mack truck pulling a load of gravel up a hill, this probably will not help you too much. I tried this in conjunction with one of the anti-snore mouthpieces on Amazon and was told that it cut the noise to a dull roar but did not stop the snoring to the point where other people could still sleep in the same room. I think it does help me breathe a bit better at nite and am still using it. The only downside is an occasional sore neck if you sleep on it the wrong way. If you are a "light snorer" and have room in the bed for it, I would definitely suggest you try it. If you can overpower a chainsaw with your snore, you should probably head straight to a CPAP machine.

This pillow is aaaaamazing. My husband was snoring so much that I had to use ear plugs; those didn't always work. I was ready to sleep in another room just to get a good night sleep. My husband ordered this. It took ahwile to get the pillow. (He was actually ready to go to a retail store to purchase a pillow.) We decided to wait for this one; I am so glad we did. I don't know how it works so well, but it does. I can sleep through the night and not wake up from his snoring. He says that it is comfortable and has no problem sleeping on this pillow. I would recommend to anyone!

Have only had this pillow for a few days, but I think it is giving me a better night's sleep. Most reviews are about men and snoring. My review is about a woman getting a better night's sleep. I havent really slept well for 25 years. Won't know for sure what the end result will be, but I sleep better and longer on the nights I use the pillow. The only night I just propped myself up on other pillows to watch tv in bed and then fell asleep, it was much worse trying to stay asleep. Pillow is a little oddly shaped, but if thats what it takes, I'll use it. I mostly sleep on my side, so that part isnt a problem. If you're getting a little older and not sleeping as well, I would recommend this. The price was only about half as much as others charge, and I doubt I would have paid over a hundred dollars to try something.

This pillow has stopped my snoring, according to my wife. I do seem to be getting better sleep. Had if for 2 weeks now, still adjusting to it.



Pros:

Seems to work for snoring.

Seems fairly well made.

Better sleep.



Cons:

Expensive.

You have to sleep with your arm out, under the pillow. It does not work without that. We used to have the bedroom fairly cold at night, under thick blankets. Had to turn the heater in the bedroom up a bit, your arm sticking out will get too cold in the winter.

You have to stick with it, and keep putting yourself in the correct position. It takes a while adjust, I am still getting used to it but I think soon it will be habit.

I am a 5'1" female and snore mild to medium, depending on the day. This pillow greatly reduced my snoring almost every night. However, it takes time to "break in". The pillow is VERY firm at first, but softens up after about a month. It is difficult to get used to if you are a shorter person (neckaches for the first few weeks). However, it is worth it to have stopped snoring completely.

The pillow does what it says. Forces you to sleep on your side. The center is too high to lay on your back with your head on it.

It does take getting used to. Read the instructions carefully on how to use it. My first night I laid with my head too close to the center and had a kink in my neck in the morning.

The quality of the pillow itself seems very good. Firm but not too hard. The pillow case that comes with it is nice. Protects the pillow and is washable.

I purchased this pillow as an attempt to try and help my snoring, especially during this dry winter. Although I still snore a little, so far it has helped according to my wife. Again, it's a positional thing. It won't work if you sleep on your back. If you sleep on your side, trying to sleep according to the directions can be somewhat uncomfortable, and sliding out of position and result in a bit more snoring agian. Decent product in my book, and worth a try as oppossed to getting my tonsils and adinoids cut out. I tried the mouthpieces, and this seems so far to work better. Worth a shot.

Pillow only works if you got a big bed (queen's size too small). You need enough space to have your arm under pillow (as they show on pictures). Otherwise person snoring will still roll onto their back and continue to snore. It gets even worse as my partner lay on the side of pillow which is much flatter.



My partner is back on his old pillow and I am using the new one as I prefer to sleep on my side anyways...



In short: Good choice only if you have a massive bed. - Anti-snoring Pillow - Stops Snoring Pillow - Side Sleeper - Sleep Apena Pillow'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information