Friday 27 August 2010

Bookstand - jasmine, book stand


I have gotten very frustrated when my textbooks broke several of the book stands I bought. However, this book stand is very sturdy since the support is made of thick wood. The incline is easily adjustable. It holds my 1000+ pages textbooks extremely well. If you are a serious student you should consider buying this book stand. I bet it would last your whole 4 years of college and beyond. It takes up a little more space than the usual stand (2.5 feet in slightly slanted position) but it's no big deal. Also the clip-on stand on top always stays upright so it might be a little difficult to stabilize one of your larger books. Although for small books they work fine. When I only need to read one book, I usually use the top stand to collage notes that I were writing off the book mentioned. Jasmine Plus Book Stand (Bookstand / Bookstands / Holder / Cookbook / Music)

Beautifully made and finished with decently and cleverly designed round corners. Page holding tabs are easy to control and easy to turn pages. Rubber backing on the bottom of the base keeps the holder steady on the desk or table. Overall, this is a very useful product.

My wife and I are both full time undergraduate students, and we are very much enjoying the book stands. The second one on top doubles as a stand-alone book stand, so the two for one thing is worth it. Furthermore, even the small one on top can hold our biggest textbooks by itself--1000+ pages and extra wide hardcovers. So i reccommend it. it's not the cheapest thing in the world, but my wife struggles with neck pain and headaches. It has helped both.

I purchased this a few weeks ago in preparation for paper writing season. I have since written two papers and used the Jasmine Plus extensively for both. My guy down the hall came into my room the other day and asked if he could barrow it while working on his Thesis. It is a big hit here at school. Highly recommend it.



The "page/book holders" are firm and work well holding bigger or smaller books.



The only downfall is the price. Even at the discounted price $50 is very expensive for us students and working class.

If you're doing a ton of studying this will totally save space for your book(s) and notes. And it'll help prevent neck strain from looking down for endless hours. Plus, the page clips kept everything from blowing away when studying outdoors. I definitely recommend this product. It got me through nursing school and will definitely help me achieve the next level. I only wish I'd have known about this product sooner.

I went back and forth a couple times trying to decide if I really wanted to spend this much for a book stand. I'm glad I did - This is absolutely the best stand I've owned. It's well made, looks good, and has many adjustments to get the exact angles you want when reading. The two arms used for holding pages open work well on all sizes of books & don't damage the pages in any way. All in all - Very happy with this purchase and seller.

Fine product as described in other reviews. I waver been three and four stars on this one due to the price being frankly too high - it's not like it's real wood or anything although it has a pleasant look about it - and they try to further mask the price by an exorbitant $13.31 shipping charge (shipping charge at the time of this writing). I see this kind of practice from time to time in the Amazon Marketplace and I hope feedbacks like this will weigh against the seller's perception which must be that masking the price as part of shipping so they look cheaper in search results comparisons is unethical. No complaints about the device, I bought a Jasmine plus with the piggy back stand on top and the largest stand, the "Freesia" see my comment there about that.

I have no idea why I never thought to use one before.

I love it. Good product. Does just what it saids.

I have novels, and school books holds both in place and upright fully adjustable

Recommend to anyone suffering from tendinitus.

These bookstands were exactly what I was hoping they would be. I use large reference books in my writing for school, and for church. The support is able to hold books well over 1000 pages easily. In fact, I currently have a 1150 page book on the top level and a 900 page book on the lower level. The articulation allows for many different configurations. You can use both stands separately, or you can mount the smaller stand on the top of the larger stand (as depicted). The page holders are solid, sturdy and made of metal with rubber tips to avoid book damage. The metal is flexible rather than malleable. Thus, it holds even large paperback books in place.



My only complaint is that the ledge at the bottom of each stand is slightly too narrow. If you put a large book (700 pages or more) on the stand without opening it, the ledge is narrow enough to allow the book cover/binding to sag. This is a minor critique, though, and definitely one that I can live with. Both stands, when set up individually or when combined, remain very stable.



This setup was exactly what I was looking for. I can set a book nearly 90 degrees to the side of my monitors, or I can set the book on a 20-degree slope in front of the monitors. Flexible, durable, useful, awesome! - Book Stand - Jasmine - Bookstand - Desktop'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information