Tuesday 31 August 2010

Screen Protectors - screen protectors, evo


I bought these a couple of days after the Evo launched because the Sprint protector I bought didn't cover the whole face. These are cut to fit the Evo just right. They're very easy to install (just make sure to get all the dust away and work carefully) and they are invisible when they're on. I'm still on the first one, and I bet it will last me a year. After a month, there are tiny scratches on it, the kind you get from normal wear, but they are not visible unless you hold the phone in the light at an angle, with the screen off. Those are the scratches that aren't on the glass now!



There have been a lot of rumors that the Evo is manufactured with "Gorilla glass" (a scratch-resistant glass by Corning). The official word from HTC is that this is NOT true. Lots of people have scratches on their glass from normal use - a bit of dirt or sand in your pocket, and your screen is done. The screw and razor blade tests you see on YouTube are flawed. It's not about how sharp something is, it's about hardness. These screens WILL scratch without protection. They're durable, but protect your investment.



The feel of these is also very smooth, no tacky or rubbery feel like the more expensive "lifetime" protectors have. Those, by the way, are a waste of money. Anything that requires you to use water to install it is a joke. Read the numerous reports of people RUINING their phones by putting a couple drops too many on and squeezing it into the speaker port or something. Or it leaks around the glass, and suddenly you have water damage, and you have no recourse unless you are paying for the right kind of insurance. Just use these, they feel better, cost less, and are cheaper to boot.



Bottom line: These are great! 3-Pack HTC EVO 4G Sprint Combo Screen Protector for HTC EVO 4G Sprint

I highly recommend ordering from OEM Planet and would definitely order from them again. Here's why...

I order 3 screen protectors from OEM Planet for my HTC EVO 4g. They were great. They covered 99% of the screen and did not cause any lag when I touched the screen. About a week later, I ordered 3 more and they were not the same size, they covered about 90% of the screen. I was initially disappointed but I figured you get what you pay for.



I left a product and seller review that was fair, 3 stars, and a comment telling exactly what happened. To my surprise, not 5 mins later I got a call from the owner of OEM Planet, MIKE (great guy), who insisted on sending me replacements. He notified me that the person who had cut the second batch of screen protectors was not doing their job correctly and was no longer working there.



This is what I call customer service and customer satisfaction. I feel well taken care of and appreciated as a customer.



Thanks Mike.

While waiting for the screen protector to arrive, I had the opportunity to use the Evo without one. There is a clear difference in experience with the screen protector on than without.

Pros: Protects the screen from scratches. Fits well enough. Comes in a pack of three.

Cons: Creates more drag on your finger. Smudges much easier than without a screen protector. slightly decreases visibility on your screen. Goes over the forward facing camera (reducing camera visibility)



All in all, if you absolutely need a screen protector, it's not bad. In my opinion it wasn't worth the money spent (the pricey part was the shipping, not the product itself). My understanding is the Evo screen is scratch resistant as it is, so it may not even be necessary to have one for the short 1 or 2 years I'll be keeping the phone before Evo 2 comes out, or whatever new phone I buy. (Evo is awesome by the way).



I DO, however, recommend getting a gel protector that works for you. That will provide most of the protection you need without taking away the pleasant "touch & feel" of the phone.

First of all I have 3 evos in my family. This advertisement is for three screen protectors. I ordered it. `It comes with a Horrible cloth to clean your screens with before you apply the screen protectors. DO NOT USE IT. It will leave nasty threaded particles on your screen which will stick to your screen protector then create air bubbles that will not be able to be removed. I would advise you to use a eye glasses wipe. I had to reorder because the crappy cloth included messed up two of my screens. Then I received only 1 screen protector. That one did not fit the evo at all. I got sent out 3 more. I tried all three, I used the utmost precision and care. They are TOO big these have no quality control. The material is nice and responsive. But don't expect to have a perfect fit the edges will hang off the bezel and the protector will look raised with air there and make your 550 prized phone look cheap and broken. People will glare if you want to show them something on your phone. I have had seven of these products and none of them are identical to one another as far as cuts go. They are all different and always too big really really bad. I would advise anyone considering to buy this to buy a more expensive name brand with a reputation you can trust to have quality control so the screen protector and process of putting it on does not cost you more money and time that it is really worth. - Htc Evo - Evo - Screen Protectors - Screen Protector'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information