Tuesday 31 August 2010

Video Games - sims 3, pc game


This EP is pretty cool. Got it today and played it all afternoon and late into the evening. It offers quite a bit of interesting stuff. There are a couple of new career paths (i.e. Mixologist, Celebrity Actor, and Movie Director). LOTS of new objects, hair styles, young adult clothes. Hot tubs are back in this one. Indoor swimming pools. The ability for Sims to skinny dip. CAS has some new stuff too, including tattoos, and the ability to give more muscle definition as well as make women's chests bigger...not quite Dolly Pardon size but pretty big nonetheless..lol. There is also sexy nightwear for the ladies, sexy shoes, and sexy casual and formal outfits for nights out in the city. The new world included in the EP is a city full of skyscrapers with condos, apartments, and penthouse style suites to buy. There are also houses on the outskirts of town and plenty of space to place lots. The venues are combined in the high rises with plenty of places for Sims to find dancing and dining out. Vampires are in this EP also. Celebrity Sims are everywhere, too, but to get noticed by them beyond an autograph takes some effort. Your own Sims can gain celebrity status as well by pursuing the actor career. Celebrity status gives them stars over their name and makes other Sims oooh and ahhh over them wherever they go. There are also new additional traits to give Sims in CAS, new skills for them to learn and master, and new lifetime goals for them to achieve.



No crashes whatsoever this time...woohoo! Game play has been smooth, fluid, with many corrections of EA's past mistakes. Very pleased regarding that.



Overall I think this EP was worth it. More so than Ambitions. This one has a lot of neat stuff in it, new interactions, living environments, lifestyles....and it even includes the ability to hire an Executive Butler to wait on your Sim hand and foot :) I love the butler! The nightclubs are fun with lots of special effects type objects to add interest, as well as Sims dancing on top of the bar..I thought that was a cute feature. Some nightclubs are difficult to get into unless your Sim either 'knows someone' or has celebrity status or has certain traits. The bouncer that guards the door won't let just anybody in. Some don't have bouncers at the door, but might have a dress code, be it formal, casual, or beachwear. Sims will also get invites to parties hosted by other, computer controlled Sims. Invites can either be accepted or rejected but accepting them and attending has benefits. There are also more musical instruments to learn and master, and Sims can jam together...piano, bass, cello.



I'm really liking this one and glad I got it. The Sims 3: Late Night

I waited with baited breath for this expansion to come out for the past 2 months and it's finally here. Anyone who regularly plays the Sims will want this expansions pack as it gives your Sims something different to do. My first impressions from playing the game last night is that overall this is a good expansion pack and things I like and don't like:



What I like:



1. Bridgeport is a beautiful small city with a lot to see and experience.



2. Nice new music.



3. A new selection of hair, beards, and outfits to choose from and some new architectural elements.



4. Hot tubs are back and there are new pool options.



What I don't like:



1. Unlike the Sim and Sim 2 you can't send your suburban Sims out for a night in the city. They

either need to move to Bridgeport (which is essentially starting your household from scratch)or

start a new game. Why this is so I have no idea as I don't think it would be different than

sending them on vacation--but it does ruin the seamless continuity of the Sim's world they live

in.



2. Not into the vampire thing. I think that they should create a Halloween Town expansion for those

who want more monsters to play with, which could also have witches, werewolves and other creepy

settings. Those not into such things could then opt out.



3. Apparently one can add some social venues to exiting towns via the edit town screen, but I rarely do this.

It would, however, be necessary to take up jobs like mixology, etc. I'd have perferred the option of just

sending my Sims to Bridgeport instead. If I want my Sims to do these things I'll just start new games in

Bridgeport instead, I don't like to edit the towns too much.



A must have for Sim enthusiasts.

So I decided that if this game wasn't good enough for my tastes that I would just give up on the 3rd franchise and stick to what I was used to. The Sims 2.



After a few hours of playing the game I was absolutely hooked! New everything! I find it very, very fun how you can be a celebrity and how there are vampires again. It was just an upgraded version of Nightlife all in all. I loved this one. I think if there's another expansion pack after this that i might just buy that one too!



Some good Pros are



- You finally have the hot tub back ;]

- Sims can be celebrities

- Vampires

- New clothes and hair selections

- New Sliders (such as breast size adjuster, muscle enhancer)

- New Jobs (Film/Part-Time Film [ You can be an actor or a movie director basically ]

- New Fruit and things portraying to blood (For the lovely Vamps)

- New Places to woohoo!

- New Premade Houses

- New Town

- New things in the town, such as *Studios. Lofts. Apartments etc.

- Butlers are back



Those are just the main things that I noticed while playing :]



A couple of Cons are



- Of course, its buggy :/

- Its useless to go to places with people in your house. Its hard to work with everyone.

- When you go to the bars and stuff if you have a weak computer the graphics are going to be slower to load

[[I run an iMac and its pretty annoying how slow it can get]]

- And of course if you have mods you might have to take out some and replace then with the Late Night Version!



Overall this game is worth the money. I love it so far and I'll be sure to keep up with the franchise if it gets better like this~ Fantastic game. Only problem now is the price haha.



<3;~ - The Sims 3 - Late Night - Sims 3 - Pc Game'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information