Friday 27 August 2010

Rechargeable Lithium Ion - satellite, rechargeable lithium ion


Charges quickly, lasts a long time, fairly light. Do yourself a favor and run the battery down instead of leaving the laptop plugged in all of the time. These batteries only last 12-16 months with any moderate capacity, and will last longer if you don't keep them fully charged 100% of the time. Toshiba PA3399U-2BRS Primary 6 Cell Li-Ion Battery

I was pleasantly surprised as to how long the battery charge lasted. I am running Windows Vista 32-bit OS and with my wireless turned off and the display brightness down on my Satellite A105, the battery will last 3+ hours. If you are looking for a good replacement for your Toshiba battery pack, I recommend you stick to this factory replacement. Hope this helps inform your decision a little better. Good luck.

Didn't trust generic batteries when my Laptop is involved...too many reported fires. Replacement battery works as expected from Toshiba.

Laptop is mobile only 25% of usage time, so we will purge the battery at least monthly to ensure longer lifespan.

Went back with the original battery, and not leaving my laptop plugged in all the time seems to make the battery last longer. Will go over 2hrs. on a charge. Good product, and fast shipping as always from Amazon.

It's specificic spare part. Information from dealer was accurate (Toshiba Battery PA3399U-2BRS 6 Cel Li-Ion, 4000 mAh, 10,8V). Perhaps 3 different photos attached give 100% information in order to be sure. Price was lower as retail form toshiba, but its possible get 10% off from other dealer. Delivery time was exact as offer.

When I searched the web for a battery for my Toshiba, I used the part number and got a lot of options. Of course I was looking for a good price but then I realized many places offered batteries "for Toshiba" (generic) and not Toshiba batteries. By now I`m sure everyone knows the dangers people report on generics. So I tried to look for the word "original" and only a few places mentioned then yet the image clearly contradicted this statement. Although the price at amazon wasn`t the cheapest I decided it was a safer option considering my previous good experiences with amazon and the fact that it is such a well known webpage. I found several options (I think it also had generics) but they were clearly shown. For an instant, before cliking on the buy option, I doubted the product would actually be original because the price was so good (less than some obvious generics) but I decided that if it turned out to be a generic amazon would have probably gotten the best possible one. ... Turns out it was original and at a cheaper price than some generics!!! It's running as expected (My Toshiba isn't exactly a hit on battery life) but I'm happy I bought it at Amazon.com. It's trustworthy.



Perhaps there is one observation that I would like to make on the price options (though I'm not sure how or why it works that way). When I first looked in the comparison mode, the option I decided to go with had a real low price (extra low) but since I doubted it could actualy be original with that price, I looked around a little more and when I returned to the page to go ahead with my initial option the price had changed!!! it was still cheaper that others but not as cheap as my first look. ??? I tried retuning to the page the same way I had done the first time and on my third return it was even more expensive! .... what the!...so I decided to click quicly before it went even higher!... it still turned out to be cheaper, just not as cheap....Amazon? can you tell me what happened?...anyway, Buying at amazon is always easier and they have great deals.

I purchased in August. It's now January and the battery regularly becomes so hot I burn myself on the tip (that you insert into the laptop) sometimes and am generally worried it will start a fire. I only have it plugged in while I'm watching it. I avoided generic batteries for just this reason!



Will be seeking warranty exchange through Toshiba. - Rechargeable Lithium Ion - Satellite - Toshiba - Lithium'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information