Saturday 28 August 2010

Copy Machines - copy machines, canon


for a non-commercial grade machine, it definitely meets my expectations. it prints and copies quickly enough and the quality is absolutely fine. the energy saver mode keeps the machine quiet when not in use. it's easy to use, and it's nice having all the multifunctions in one unit. fyi, i initially had problems because my usb cable was ten feet long. the user manual does not warn of problems with long cables, but canon's fast and knowledgeable tech support folks solved that for me quickly. i'm a little annoyed that i must specify in the print dialogue box each time i want to use the manual feeder (aka multi purpose tray); the machine does not automatically detect paper in the manual feeder and print from it unless i first specify manual paper tray in my print dialogue box. it's nice to have the printer and fax available to my entire network via the cat 5 cable, but unless i'm mistaken, the only way to scan to your computer is through the usb cable, which meant that after installing the network drivers i installed the usb drivers and now have a confusing number of drivers in my print dialogue box drop down menu. i probably can remove the network drivers from the one computer that's connected via the usb, but i haven't tried that yet, and i wish the setup instructions made that clearer. also, the scans initially were coming out unacceptably faint until (again with the help of tech support) i lowered the scan resolution setting and changed from black-and-white to grayscale. the fax interface is a little annoying in that i can't access fax numbers from my outlook contacts and if i add an address to the canon fax address book there does not appear to be a way to delete it. overall, the machine is easy to use and performs with excellent quality. i am not disappointed. Canon imageCLASS D1150 Laser Multifunction Copier (3478B005AA)

This is the first multi-purpose printer/fax/scan that isn't a combination of cheap imitations of all three. The printer is really very good, fairly fast, and easily handles creating two sided output. The scanner is the best I've had, the feeder and all of the mechanics are solid and reliable, and once set up it has exceeded expectations.

We liked our Canon ImageClass D780 a lot, but after 5 years it needed repairs expensive enough to prompt us to replace it. The cost of the D1150 was about the same retail price as the D780 but doesn't compare. Biggest complaint: you can't fax manually to more than one number at a time. The only way to send to multiple destinations is to create an entry and give it a name and number. We fax to mostly new destinations, so that option is an unacceptable time waster. Another annoyance: it wrinkles the edge of our envelopes, and the envelope holder holds a smaller stack than the older machine. The output tray is situated such that it's hard to see if there is anything in it unless you're very close. These are the things we don't like so far. We've had the D1150 for only a month and wish we could send it back. I will say that it's faster than the old multifunction, but I'd trade that small increase in speed in a second for the functionality and user-friendliness of the D780.Canon imageCLASS D1150 Laser Multifunction Copier (3478B005AA)

Glad I bought it. Very nice machine. To bad their tecks don't understand how it works. I emailed them a question about how many copies have been made and they replied that there was no counter. If you look hard enough in the manual it tells you how to get that number. Their techs need to read the manual.

I have the same printer at work and loved it so much I've been contemplating picking one up for myself. After about a year, I finally bought one for my home office because it was on sale. I love this all-in-one and have never been let down or remotely frustrated with it. The toner lasts for more than it even states it will do (5,000 pages) which is great for my wallet. The scan quality is exceptional and dark enough to pick up writing even in pencil (some scanners I've previously used can barely pick up pen!) and it's also quite quick. The print quality is also exceptional and quick. The multipurpose tray fits a stack of legal paper or envelopes for whatever you might need. I love that it can do two sided printing. In short, this is the best all-in-one I've ever used with the exception of the multi-thousand dollar one my office also has. It's perfect for anyone who has a home office or works in a small office with up to 10 people. This thing is a work horse and you won't be disappointed.

I have had this unit D1150 for about a year. It produces very bad smelling fumes when more that a few copies are made. Say I am making a flyer... and set it for 50 copies. After a few minutes the room smells bad and I get immediated headaches. This must be toner fumes. Poor design.

Bob - Multifunction - Canon - Multifunction Printer - Copy Machines'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information