Friday 27 August 2010

Laptop Hard Drive - computer cables, ide


Fantastic purchase - just what I needed when my laptop wouldn't boot any more. I just hooked this up to the spare IDE slot on my desktop, powered up, and there was a new drive with all my files on it. The hardest thing about any of this was figuring out how to unscrew the drive out of the laptop chassis - they bolt those things in pretty well. Cables To Go - 17705 - Laptop to IDE Hard Drive Adapter

This adapter works perfectly. I have had trouble with HP laptops. 3 separate laptops and 7 times needing hardware repair. This last time my laptops graphics card stopped showing a signal. I knew the hard drive was still working. I did not want to take it to a repair service like Geek Squad. This cable just let me plug the laptops hard drive directly into the desktop's IDE cable. I copied my files that I would have lost and saved the expense of repair.

Not being a laptop expert I was surprised to learn that the hard drive would not interface with my IDE cable in my desktop. I wanted to load a newer operating system in my laptop but the unit was so old it had no CD drive. Enter the adapter here and now I was able to do what I needed to thanks to a very inexpensive part. I'm happy with it.

This simple cable does just what it should. I had an old laptop that I destroyed but wanted to salvage the content. I had to adjust the jumpers on the HD but otherwise it works. One caveat is that the HD has an odd pin missing, like most IDE drives, and the cable does not indicate which side is which.

I needed this to recover data from a clients corrupted laptop hard drive. Threw the drive into my desktop PC where my recovery software is, hooked it up in seconds. It worked perfectly, now the guy thinks I am a genius. - Cable - Computer Cables - Ide - Ide Adapter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information