Monday 30 August 2010

Energy Efficient - cfl, compact fluorescent


Really what can I say? I've purchased 4 packages of these over the last six months, replacing all the incandescents in the 2800 sq ft home I'm renting. I'm sure I don't have to get into the benefits of CFLs vs. regular light bulbs but suffice it to say, we even use them over the vanities (where we have rows of 4-8 bulbs) and everything is brighter and cooler. They're inexpensive and work just as well as the pricier one at the store. GE 13-Watt Energy SmartTM 60 Watt Replacement - 2 Packs of 8 Bulbs - 16 Total Bulbs

I was a bit hesitant as i've heard 15W replaces 60W incandescent but these 13W's GE 13-Watt Energy SmartTM 60 Watt Replacement - 2 Packs of 8 Bulbs - 16 Total Bulbs are just as bright as my 100W's and there's no delay or dull period when the switch is flicked...haven't received my electric bill to say what the savings are yet tho.

These are great, energy efficient light bulbs at a price that most brick-and-mortar stores cannot come close to matching! The packaging is easy enough to handle and the light bulbs work great! They don't need any time to 'warm up' to full brightness, either. At least, they don't in my house! I don't know what else to say except that I bought 2 sets of 2 packs of 8, for 32 bulbs. They all are doing great! No complaints!

We have used CFLs in the past, but still had many older incandescants, so I purchased this 16 pack of GE 13-watt GE lightbulbs. As almost every light we were replacing it with was previously a 60 watt, we seemed to be able to judge the light output comparison well. I can tell you that in every instance, these 13 watt CFLs were brighter than the old 60 watts. In addition, my wife actually asked that we go to a lower wattage in a few cases because these were just too bright.



These bulbs also appear to power up more quickly than our other, older CFLs.



Overall, we are very pleased with every aspect of our purchase...most of all, price!

This product as stated by the previous reviewer as no delay! Which for most of us is extremely important because we like to walk into the room and actually SEE where we're going. It does start at slightly less bright but it is more than bright enough to continue using and in about 10 to 20 seconds it is up to its brightest setting. I'm sure that with time this will probably change because I will burn in the lights as they say which usually fixes almost any delay if it is at all possible to fix. The price isn't bad but it is only about $2 off of the price of buying the sylvannia lights at our local BJ's warehouse. Besides that they seem to be in working order without a delay which is great!

I bought these to replace all my bulb's in a house I had just purchased. These do not take time to warm up like other energy smart bulbs that I have used before. Got these at a great price with quick free shipping from amazon. These are just as bright as a 60W and 100W bulbs that I used to have.

All the bulbs work pretty good, except that there is one broken come with the package. But amazon has very good customer service, as soon as I contact them, and tell them, they agree to give me partial refund. I am very happy shopping here.

I wholeheartedly agree with other buyers of these GE 13-Watt that state these bulbs give very decent light and at a fantastic price. I was also pleased to have them delivered to my front door instead of stuffed in a PO Box/Locker that we have here at my Townhome community. I purchased qty#2 of these packages and not only did every one of them work, there wasn't any 'warm-up' time with any of these bulbs.



I read one review that stated the bulb was too long to fit into one of their fixtures... same here. I have a ceiling fan downstairs that has a light in it. The shade cover it has is too shallow in height to accept these GE 13-Watt bulbs. I'll have to keep searching to find a CFL bulb that does the job for this fixture.



The front door delivery 'sealed' a 5-star review from me. - Compact Fluorescent Bulbs - Dimmable - Cfl - Compact Fluorescent'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information