Friday 27 August 2010

Video Games - ea games, shooter


To be fair I'm going to split this review into two parts. Single Player and Multi Player. Since they both run on different engines, its only fair to separate the two as far as quality and game-play goes.



*Single Player*



Game Play:

I always play my games on the hardest difficulty because I want to be challenged and get my $49-59 worth. Single player on hard is so easy, I think even the most novice player could beat it with no sweat. I beat the game in what was literally a solid 2.5-3 hours and died about 5 times. I'm no FPS guru, but for comparison it took me about 10-15 hours to beat MW2 and Reach on their hardest difficulty. I'm not a Halo or MW2 fanboy and I hate to make the comparison, but those two games on their highest difficulty have made me seriously consider throwing my XBox out the window (some of you know what I'm talking about). That's the level of difficulty I expect from any "big name" FPS. 3 hours of game play is just insulting. It partially has to do with the A.I. The only time you'll have trouble is when you don't see and enemy. Other than that, the controls are great and familiar. MOH does have this feature called "Look/Lean" where you can poke your head out from behind a corner or object and lay down some suppression fire. Its interesting, but I don't see many people using that feature.



Story:

This game doesn't have a story line, it has a story circle. You start the game with no clear intention of your overall objective. All you know is that you're deep in Afghanistan looking for "bad guys" and you're there to exterminate them all and that is the cycle of pretty much 95% of the game. Now I know it's based off a real war at real places and real events and the terrorist are the bad guys and the idea is to win, which is fine. But the overall idea of this game is just kill bad guys and keep killing them till there aren't any left. That's not a story, that's a theme. This game lacks a clear beginning, middle and end.



Graphics:

It looks real, like any other war game. The daylight scenes are very detailed with the tree lines and mountain ranges. I don't care to hear idiotic opinions about "the characters hand looked fuzzy for 2 seconds during a cut scene". That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I'll put it like this. When you shoot people, blood spews from their exit wounds. When a bullet hits someone in the head, pieces of their skull and brain matter spray the wall behind them. I think that's graphic enough.



Sound:

Amazing. That is one of the few things this game really has going for it. The soundtrack is pretty good to. The music from the end still gives me goosebumps.



Comments:

This game is seriously not done. The amount of glitches and A.I. foolishness is clearly noticeable at many times during the game. You'll see enemies "gumby" their way across the opposing battlefield as you desperately try to shoot them to no avail. The only other big flaw is the automation. The game works on the premise that you have to be in a particular spot to advance your teammates to the next part of the mission. It can get rather annoying running around the map looking for that particular "pressure point"



*Multi Player*



Game Play:

Online play is fun and exciting. There is definitely a noticeable difference in the game-play from multi to single player. It is a bit slow to get going because of the limited load-outs and weapon selections that you have when you first start playing. I suppose that after you start leveling up and gaining more options this would be alleviated. I personally feel that the game plays to slow during the matches, however it has its merits. Aside from the aforementioned "glitchyness", the multi-player is definitely a fresh alternative to the existing lineup.



Overall:

This game was probably the most disappointing FPS title that I've purchased. I don't say that to be cruel, but this game feels like it was really rushed and they could have spent more time developing it. It will have its time to shine, however it really can't stack up to its competition. I know people like to tout the notion that why does everything have to be compared with COD. Well its a FPS war game. It is only logical that you make a comparison of the two because not everyone has $60 to spend on every new game that comes out. I realize that some people have to seriously consider between the two choices. So I have to say, for the sake of clarity that this game is not as good as MW2 which was released a considerable amount of time before it.



*SYNOPSIS*

This game is not without its merits. It has many flaws, but most you can overlook. Medal of Honor does a good job of delivering a fresh multi-player layout and generally good online game play. However it has many crucial flaws that just don't give it enough merit to stay in full rotation against its existing competition and I suspect its soon to be competition.



3/5 - Buy this game used after a few weeks or rent it. If you're strapped for cash, I'd pass on this one. Or find a friend like me who buys all the big new titles and borrow it from him/her when they inevitably dish it for the next big title.. Medal of Honor

As a memeber of the Army serving currently in Afghanistan I do not see what the fuss is all about. I am not offended by this game at all. It is a game. It is entertaining and I play it when I have time here in Afghanistan. I wish the Taliban did fight back like they do on the game. We could ball these jokers up in the time it took to finish the game. lol Sadly enough all they do is emplace IEDs. As far as the game play is concerned it is tight and responsive. It helps that the controls are like Call of Duty. I like this game more than Call of Duty Black Ops but it is not as good as Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1 or 2. Just my opinion. I wish you could play versus split screen but that is not an option. Sucks... But, overall it is a great game. And it is not offensive to the Armed Forces. Stop putting words in my mouth while you sit on your butts back home doing nothing. I am fighting for freedom. The freedom to play what the hell I want to play... - Fps - Xbox 360 - Shooter - Ea Games'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • fps
  • ,
  • shooter
  • ,
  • ea games
  • ,
  • xbox 360