Monday 30 August 2010

Bostitch - nail gun


I'm mostly happy with the nailer. I'm near retirement so I bought a reconditioned one. Aside from a couple minor scratches it was brand new. It's paid for itself on the first Hardiplank job. Its light and compact; my only reservation is it sometimes double-fires. Some trouble with plastic collated nails feeding through, but I think its the way the nails are held meekly by the collation, I wouldn't buy plastic again. There is a disclaimer in the instructions that there is some tab that can be changed for plastic collation but the directions were terrible and the girl in Bostich tech support was clueless. After waiting 5 minutes for her to learn where the tab is I dropped my phone, it hung up and I gave up. The wire collated nails work much better, the only issue there was one time (in thousands of fires)a piece of wire jammed in the driver and took a couple minutes to extricate. In all I'd buy the another if I had a crew. Factory-Reconditioned Bostitch U/N66C-1 1-1/4 to 2-1/2-Inch Coil Siding Nailer with Magnesium Housing

I purchased this nail gun to install siding on my house. It has worked perfectly from a tiny lite duty compressor and I've gone through more then half of the case of nails I bought with the gun. Highly recommended.

For those of you that don't know this item makes an excellent cedar shingle and wood siding nailer. Shot 7,000 4d heavy galvanized nails on the first weekend with no jams, perfect depth. Love this tool. - Nail Gun'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • nail gun