Wednesday 26 October 2011

Computer Backpack - laptop bag, backpacking


I bought this bag for my 15" Dell, I also carry a lot of folders, chargers, wireless mouse, MP3 and junk in my bag. It's a little hard to get the laptop in the bag if it's full of folders, but other than that its very durable and a great bag. The lumbar padding is great. I carry it everyday, there's a pocket everywhere for anything you could imagine. Mobile Edge MEBPE7 Express Backpack-blac

I bought this bag last december when I purchased my HP Livestrong Laptop. The bag is not one of the best out there. You can get much better bags from competitors (Targus etc) with better feature sets. As I am a student, the bag has not withstood the rigours of my student life and already the seems are bursting on the side exposing the low quality workmanship.



The padding at the back is nice though especially when I am biking around. The side pockets on the outside are nice as you can store the power supply, PDAs etc in them so that they do not scratch the laptop or books inside.



Overall, it is not worth the price you pay for it. I would rather buy something better next time around for the same price.

I really liked this bag, not excessively huge, just enough for me to carry my 13" macbook/power cord, essentials, a few notebooks and my water bottle. It's not big and bulky, and being a girl I liked that a lot.



HOWEVER, the first bag I ordered came, and had a defective strap where the piece of plastic holding the bottom strap to the top strap was malformed, rendering it useless (someone had to have seen this during inspection, since the other strap was put together fine). So I sent that one bag, and Amazon sent a replacement VERY quickly and I was very happy. Two weeks after using the replacement, I notice that the top handle has started to fray off, and in a few days, it was already half frayed and I couldn't use it. So I sent it back and got a SwissGear pack.



So yeah, nice bag if you don't need to carry around a ton of heavy books, but beware of quality.

I got 2 of these for my kids in October, ages 16 and 11, and both of them starting breaking after less than a couple months of daily use. My son's top strap snapped after one month, then one of the arm straps unraveled. My daughters zippers broke in several places, and the same top handle and arm straps are starting to unravel as well. I bought them because of the 4 star rating and lifetime guarantee. I am beginning to doubt the validity of the star rating system, since I bet few people come back to comment after these back packs are in tatters.

I like the bag... the design is unique. Some of the pockets seem really useful, like the mp3 player port, but you will find that you will never use it. Front, back and side protection is adequate, but the botttom could use more protection like some foam pading. The laptop pocket is actually suspended off the bottom of the bottom of the bag so maybe that makes up for it.



UPDATE: Now seeing that the price is back up to $45, I would not recommend this bag to anyone. The quality is fine, but $45 dollars will get you a hell of a lot more if you look at other brands.

Great bag. Would buy again for the amount of protection it provides for my 15-inch laptop.





PROS:

- The styling is great.

- The bag securely holds the laptop with a good amount of protection

- Outside pockets are ideal for waterbottles, small digital cameras.

- The shoulder straps are a great balancer for the weight of the laptop on the back.



CONS:

- This bag can only be used for transporting a laptop. There is not enough room for anything less.

- The inside pockets are too small for holding battery cords, and wireless devices. (Do fit inside general area in the main pocket)

- The bag is a "hefty" weight. (I'm a woman, and it gives me some trouble).

I recently got this backpack (red), and I love it. The padding is very adequate for the laptop compartment, the back is nicely padded, and wearing the backpack is very comfortable even with a heavy load. I am 5'11, with a lean build, and again it fits wonderfully. I like the side pockets - I can fit my flash drive, sunglasses (in its own case), and all my other stuff (MP3 player, headphones, laptop AC adapter) in all the little compartments all over. It's great. The red trim is pretty snazzy too. - Computer Backpack - Laptop Bag - Laptop Backpack - Backpacking'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information