Monday 31 October 2011

Eligible For Super Saver Shipping - recommended, battery


The difference between this battery and the "regular" 14.4v DeWalt batteries is like night and day. I was always fairly pleased with the performance I got out of my original batteries, but once I picked up one of these I was convinced that the hype is justified. Right out of the box I noticed that this battery is a bit larger and significantly heavier that the regular 14.4's. Once fully charged, I slapped it in my drill/driver and was AMAZED at how much more powerful this battery pack was. I have also been impressed with the run time between charges, but since I have not yet used it to build any decks, etc., I cannot say if the battery truly lasts 25% longer (or 40% or whatever).



I highly recommend this as a quality product that performs amazingly well. DEWALT DC9091 14.4-Volt XRP Battery Pack

This battery is acceptable as a replacement. However one flaw is that the battery is not the same size as the original. It fits the drill fine but does not fit into the carrying case properly. It is a small flaw but other than that it works fine.

As far as batteries go, they came, they charged, they performed flawlessly. The Dewalt XRP batteries are definitely worth the extra expense for longer run-times between charges, a must-have for the professional contractor.

Surprisingly my 14.4 XRP drill came with 2 XR batteries. They gave up their ghost, so I purchased 2 new XRP batteries. The difference is significant. They far outlast my old batteries, even when they were new. Getting these new batteries is a solution to reviving older DeWalt drills.

Battery works hard and long. The new battery design is much better than its predecessor. You can actually get your hand around the battery now to release it. It's true that the new battery will not fit in the old case. Hint: use a utility knife and alter the plastic case so the new battery fits.

The Dewalt DC9091 battery is clearly marked in the upper right hand corner of the paper insert as "-with 25% more run-time than standard 14.4V batteries." Compare this to the 40% more run time advertized. I am disappointed I did not get the remaining 15% capacity. Other than that, the battery is great, It fits my drill, fits my charger, and the combination of drill & battery fits in my case.

you only use a cordless drill from time to time, there's not much need for this battery. But, if you use the cordless circular saw, or perhaps the hammer drill, the extra oomph from the XRP is well worth the extra bucks.

I use my cordless circ saw (AKA cheese saw) extensively. I just love the thing for making a quick cut at the bench, or doing (quite literally} field work. The difference between the XRP and the standard battery is as obvious as rain in the cheese saw. In a drill? They go a bit longer between charges, but the difference is not nearly as striking.

If you're a fan of the cordless circ (cheese) saw, I can't recommend the XRPs highly enough.

Just purchased 2 14.4 Dewalt XRP batteries, the originals where at least 10 years old. But as with any battery they don't last forever. Could not see replacing with an 18 Volt when there was nothing wrong with the drill, a 1/2 hammer model. Charged the first one and could not believe the difference, made it feel like when it was new. Still using the first battery and its been at least 3 weeks since it was first charged. I'm not a contractor just a diyer, but they were still worth the money. If the price goes up anymore though for each battery then I'll look at the DeWalt 18 volt.If these last as long as the first pair, they will out last me.

I did not believe any of these batteries for any drills were very good. I am a contractor and use them quite a bit and usually they hold their charge for maybe half an hour before becoming really sluggish. I was almost ready to buy a new drill, but I'm the type of person who doesn't like to throw something away if it's not completely broken and I can make good use of it so I bought two of these batteries to replace the older types that I had. I bought them based on the reviews on amazon and I want to thank those people who wrote those reviews. They were very accurate and well thought out and that is why I am also taking the time to write this one. One of the reviews said that it was a bit larger than the old battery and hard to fit in the original case the drill came in. This is true. It is slightly(and I mean minimally) larger, but it certainly does fit in the case just fine and this battery HOLDS ITS CHARGE! It fits perfectly into the original charger too so don't think you have to buy another charger too. Just get one or two of these batteries and you'll be very happy. I was a bit surprised at the price at first, but after seeing how this battery performs, I am glad I paid for it instead of just getting another of the original style. Thanks Amazon people!

Cant believe the price is 30 to 40 percent less than Sears or Lowes. At the walk in retail stores for this very same new battery! Works great, fits my 14.4 XR hammer drill fine. Only problem I see with upgrading is that I cannot close the drill case completly. With the XRP's being slighty larger outside diameter than the older batterys. But think i can remove some plastic ribbing of the case with a dremel tool. And it should at least close. - Recommended - Dewalt - Cordless - Battery'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information