Thursday 27 October 2011

Illuminated Keyboard - computer, lighted keyboard


in this day and age, someone (maxell) has the nerve to use such keys. How much do they actually save from using such cheap components. The keys are stiff and not even pressable if not pressed perfectly perpendicularly. It angries me a name-brand company makes such crap. If they have their own people try the damn thing during prototype phase, they know it's crap. Maxell Full Size Illuminated Keyboard CkI-1

After one of my keys on my HP thinline keyboard broke, I bought this as a cheap backlit alternative. First off, the ENTER key isn't in the correct position. Secondly, the keys have the worst tactile feel EVER. It feels like you're typing on bricks with bubblegum stuck underneath. However- I did like the .... the uh... usb cord- was just the right length. Don't buy it for yourself, but recommend it to a friend if you want to beat them in Call of Duty because his buttons will either stick or not press down at all.

Sticky keys cause a lot of typing errors. You have to bang on the keys. Makes it unuseable for me. The rest of the keyboard - illumination, key arrangement - is ok.



Looking for a useable keyboard now.

Amazon, as usual, did a great job of getting me this keyboard in a timely fashion. Upon opening the box and checking out the keyboard, everything seemed great. I plugged it into my computer and the wonderful blue lights came on right away. That didn't mean that it was working yet. I had to do a restart of the computer and then the keyboard worked just fine. I could never get the special function keys or the volume control to work even though I tried several different things. HERE'S the one fatal flaw for me. The enter key is separated from the apostrophe by the slash key. I have typed for years and I'm used to having J,K,L,Colon,Apostrophe,Enter on my right hand. Adding in the backslash in between caused me to hit backslash every time I was trying to hit enter. This was just a total VETO for me of this keyboard. Otherwise the quality was good and it would have been perfect especially for the low price.

Back-lighting of keyboard is great, but keys are "sticky", esp. the spacebar. Its really intolerable, given I have to revisit nearly every sentence to insert letters/spaces. I find myself having to pound the keys for positive action. - Keyboard - Computer - External - Lighted Keyboard'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information