Sunday 30 October 2011

Phone With Data Port - speakerphone, panasonic


Hard to find a quality phone these days. This Panasonic does all the basics required for a home office, including a decent speakerphone. Note that the speakerphone uses AA batteries, not an AC adaptor. Phone does NOT need batteries to work as basic phone. Recommended, but only appears to be sold online. Panasonic Integrated Business Phone (KX-TS105B)

I have a home office and do contract work for other companies. I needed a corded phone (for security reasons) with no bells and whistles like caller ID. The phone had to have a headset jack for hands free talking. There are very few corded phones on the market that are really this inexpensive that had the features I needed. Most everything has went to cordless. The buttons are a nice size. The mute is invaluable to my work along with the volume. I also love when I am working late that i can turn the ringer off as to not disturb anyone in my home and the phone flashses a red light when a call is coming in. Don't hesitate to buy this phone if you are thinking about it. You can't beat the free super saver shipping either.

I needed a simple solution for my office. I wanted to be able to use the phone, but not get tied down by the handset, or the headset. Here was my solution, Since the TS105B has the 2.5mm port for a headset, I purchased a Jabra A210 Bluetooth adapter along with this phone and used one of my spare bluetooth headset to stay on conference calls and yet be able to move around my office. So far... WOW!!! its worked out great. The phone is also good by itself, plus it was inexpensive through AMAZON. For anyone interested in going the route I took... you will not be disappointed.



Oh yes... you are limited to about 25 ft, or in my case as I work in a hospital where there are alot of other signals and lead lined walls... 15ft with max length at about 20 before you begin to hear static.



The phone was a great buy, as was the Jabra A210 adapter.

I've been searching for a corded phone for a while and came across this one. The speaker phone is definitely a bonus, however, it won't really work properly unless you put the batteries in it. Without the batteries, you can't dial and press the speaker phone right afterward. You have to wait until the person you're calling answers the phone. So don't forget to put the batteries in if you want the speaker phone to work properly. Overall, the phone is clear and crisp. The size of the dial buttons is a good size. Definitely a good corded phone to have.

I have had this phone now for 2 months and I am very satisfied with it. I read several reviews but I could not get a clear answer to the main question I had about this phone. I thought I would bite the bullet purchase it and then post it here for others who may be looking for an explicit answer.



- The speaker phone works with NO batteries

- If you don't put in the batteries, you can't press the speaker phone to get a dial tone. You must lift receiver and then press the speaker phone and dial.

- If you put in the batteries then the speaker phone button can be pressed to get the dial tone.

Sound quality is A+ both ways. I don't think I will need a headset for this phone.



There is no answering machine - and that is a plus. I don't need one.



There is no problem with the headset and the speaker phone is really nice. It works without batteries just fine for my needs. I have not used the memory feature yet - don't know if I will.



It also has a data port to connect to the PC or laptop so faxes can be sent.

This is a great basic business phone. It looks great on any desk and has lots of speed dial buttons that are easy to program. The speakerphone quality is great. The handset is reasonably comfortable. The ringer isn't too annoying. There is even a 2.5mm headset jack if you'd like to plug one in. Volume controls let you control speaker, handset, or headset volume. Hold button works as it should.



It takes 3 AA batteries, but I do not find this to be too much of a drawback; they will likely last a long time. My biggest complaint is that the light-up off-hook indicator is wasted doing only that; they should have made it a message-waiting indicator for systems that indicate new voicemail messages with a stutter dialtone. I have seen other Panasonic products that do this.



I am using this product on a VoIP line and it performs flawlessly. The number of oddities present in this setup further underscore how well this product is designed. It is perfect for any business or high-demand home application. It does exactly what it says and provides a great value for the money. Too many products miss this mark these days, so it is great to see something that still gets it right.

I got this phone to replace an AT&T phone that has a very poor speaker phone. Unfortunately this one is not much better. You have to yell when only three feet away from the phone for the other person to hear you. Also, the max volume on the specker phone is not all that loud. Why can't they make a speaker phone that works that doesn't cost a hundred dollars? The speaker phone on cell phone work better (much better) than this one. Maybe they have to plug into an electrical socket to get enough power. This one runs on three AA cells. - Headset - Speakerphone - Phone - Panasonic'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information