Thursday 27 October 2011

Glow In The Dark - glow stick, glowsticks


The price is certainly reasonable for these. I've found them to be bright enough in darkness, but barely visible in indoor lighting. The colors are bright and pure. The light output is adequately bright for a couple of hours, and progressively dimmer but still obvious for several hours more.



I found them to be easy to snap, but they seem to be constructed with many internal "segments", each of which must be snapped for the entire length to glow. I've found that the best way to do it is to hold one end between thumb and forefinger, and with the thumb and forefinger of the other hand, starting at the same end, bend/snap gradually along the length to the other end. Think of squeezing toothpaste from a nearly empty tube, which curls as you squeeze.



BUT! As some of the other reviews have said, be careful to neither bend the tube too sharply while doing this, nor to squeeze too hard. The tube is prone to cracking at the end and leaking if you do.



Hence, I would be cautious giving one of these to a small child to do for themselves, and I'd probably supervise rambunctious older children too.



At this price, it's a fair gimmick for a party or doling out an occasional nighttime treat for a child. Just have realistic expectations about what 12 cents apiece buys you. :-) And supervise smaller children carefully with them. 100 8" Premium Lumistick Glow Stick Bracelets Assorted

We use these with our 3-year old as reward fun at bedtime for helping with bath, PJs, etc. He loves them. So far, we have only had one "dud" out of the package of 100, and we have used almost all of them in the package. I was afraid the failure rate would be higher, but I have been pleasantly surprised.

Great for illumination at Burningman. They last all night. I used them to light myself and my bikes. If you play with them too much they break and squish all over. The drawback is that in the morning they are MOOP. However they don't require expensive batteries.

My daughters love these bracelets. I got them to use as birthday party favors - and I have lots left over. The kids like to play with them indoors and outdoors. I may even consider purchasing them for Halloween give-aways. 100 for under $13 is a pretty good price and could help with safety and visibility. They're pretty bright and lasted well over an hour. (the kids went to bed and I threw them away so I don't know exactly how long they lasted)

Only drawback - my daughter did a little excessive bending and the bracelet leaked. I don't know how toxic the chemicals are, so I would NOT recommend this item for younger children especially those who may be putting it in their mouths.

tube of 100 lasted through 4 car camping outings this summer which included about 15 kids across all trips. Bracelet size is nice because you get a ton more and everyone can have lots of colors. With the (supplied) connectors they easily can become necklace size, they make great night lights for the tent, and they are much safer/longer lasting than sparklers. One little guy linked together 20 of them and swung them in a circle, I don't care how old you are - that's cool.

Well, I ordered the bracelets for a school dance we were organizing. They were fun, great colors, easy to use. I would be very happy if they didn't start leaking. About an hour after use, they started popping and all that glowy stuff was all over. Eeeew is right.





So, its an okay product, but we weary of leaks.

I ordered these glowsticks for our Disney World trip and they worked great and became useful. Since disney glow in the dark items are pricey, I just thought of giving these to the kids so they wont ask for the oter stuff and they really liked them. The glow sticks lasted a good amount and some were still glowing the next night! They were all very good and I will definetly recommend them to anybody.

We used these bracelets for a party. You can actually add bracelets to make necklaces. The kids have so much fun with these glowsticks. If you plan a backyard party, you can keep better eye on the kids to see where they are. Once you break the sticks, they glow only for a certain amount of hours. If you don't use up all the hours at once, put them in the freezer to reuse them later.

I must have gotten a crappy batch. I'd say only about 1 in 5 were "decent" which means they lit up for most of the stick and were a good brightness. Many (most) only lit up a tiny fraction of the stick and some didn't even light at all... so because of the better reviews, I can only assume the ones I got were lower quality or from a bad batch. They also did not come in a container that looks like the one in the photos that someone supplied... and yes, I cracked them the length of the stick and shook them vigorously, but shaking didn't help much. - Glow Stick - Glow In The Dark - Glowsticks - Kids Toys'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information