Saturday 29 October 2011

Mens Gifts - smith and wesson, pocket knife


Didn't really know what to expect at first with this knife, but it turned out to be everything I wanted. It's very sharp, it deploys with a flick of the wrist (after a while, all you need literally is a flick of the wrist!), the weight is just right, the liner lock is strong, and the handle feels great. The only problems are that the pocket clip is very tight, the clip position is not in a spot most convenient for pulling out of the pocket quickly, and the blade has a tendency to lean to one side of the inner handle when not deployed. Generally a great knife and I may just get another one day.

This knife is great. Razor sharp.. I know what that means as I am a chef and can shave my hair with my chefs knives. Honed it with a steel, which is not a sharpening stone, and shaved the hair on my arm. A steel is magnetized to align the electrons on the edge of the blade. It is not a sharpening stone. It is not really to sharpen a blade. Anyways, really love this knife. I am constantly cutting boxes, plastic, everything that ruins knife edges quickly, and it stays rather sharp. Life time warranty!! I may remove the belt clip, as it kind of rubs my hand the wrong way. It sets right in the middle of my palm. Wish it was on the other side...note to Smith and Wesson...works better for a lefty.

The Smith & Wesson Oasis SW423B is a great little knife.



It is heavier than most knifes of this size, but that extra weight is balanced well and gives me a better feeling. I've used knives that were of similar size but lighter and I didn't have the confidence I have with this.



The movement and locking action are very smooth but not loose. Once this knife is locked, it stays locked.

The ergonomics are great. It can be used with multiple holding styles. The butt of the knife makes for an additional weapon when you don't want to use the blade. The blade itself is strong. Out of the box it was not terribly sharp, but after a little sharpening the edge is a beauty.



I own a couple of knives, but this is my choice for EDC.

The price is deceptive. It compares favorably to others costing quite a bit more.

I purchased two of these knives and both were returned within weeks do to a failure in the locking mechanics and the blade generally being to loose. Eventually, the blade would fall to one side and scrape while closing. Its a great looking knife, but unfortunately just doesn't hold up.

Great Knife! I was looking for an everyday knife that I could carry for multiple uses. Smith & Wesson is a trusted name so I bought it and was not disappointed! The knife is lightweight and very sharp. The knife is easy to open and close and the pocket clip is very handy!

I bought this knife for my boyfriend as a gift after his knife went missing. I really know nothing about knives and bought this one based on look, price and reviews. I must say he loves it and uses it all the time!

I got this knife because I wanted a sturdy, trusty non-saw blade. This knife delivers everything. It's sturdy enough to handle hard cuts, compact enough to fit in my back pocket and not kill me when I sit down, and very stylish when it comes to knifes. Overall, great knife, I've had no problems with it.

I was very impressed with the quality of this blade. You may be thinking, it's only a $17 blade, how could can it be? Well it's go a great weight and nice action. The blade is plenty sharp, but could use a little bit of sharpening as do most knives. As someone else said, the only downside is release takes a while to get acquainted with. - Smith And Wesson - Oasis - Folding Knives - Pocket Knife'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information