Friday 3 June 2011

Best Photo Paper - canon paper, photography


I have used HP Glossy Paper for Years, but with a new Canon printer, I decided to try the Canon Glossy Photo Paper in 8x10 format. The colors are even a little more "intense" than the Hewlitt Packard paper, but it truly should be left to dry for 24 hours before you frame it. It remains tacky for at least 12 hours, and with the cost of INK (not the paper which was reasonable), I wasn't taking any chances.



Further, the thought did cross my mind that the brilliance of the colors may be another way for Canon to get you to use more ink. Therefore, I tried several where I did not check "Vivid" in the color choices, and the results were more than acceptable.



Which would I use? Although HP costs a bit more, overall I like their paper better because drying time is less than 45 minutes. Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, 8 x 10 Inches, 20 Sheets (2311B025)

i have been very impressed with the quality of the paper. although my hp printer has a hard time feeding in the paper, the resulting images dont smear and they look very nice. i am even more impressed because today i made copies of the prints at kinkos today, and in comparison, i got 2x the quality on 25% of the price.

I have a Canon Pixma MP500, and a laser jet; the Canon for color, the jet for text. I use mostly a Plus Glossy 4x6 paper and the rendition of scenery as well as TrueBAsic-generated images amazes me each time with their faithful reproduction.

When ordering this paper be sure that your printer will support it. I have a Canon i9100 and i9900 and it will not print borderless 8X10 prints on these printers. When I contacted Canon, they danced around the issue and offered me a 10% discount on a new printer, which isn't what I wanted. I don't see why they can't update the printer driver to accomodate this new type of paper. - Photo Paper - Photo Quality Paper - Canon Paper - Photography'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information