Tuesday 28 June 2011

Drill Bit Sets - bits, drill bits


I bought my first house about 3 years ago and one of the first tools I bought was a cordless drill. When I went to buy bits and drivers for it, I thought I'd save a few dollars and get this B&D set. The second time I used one of the drivers, the bit holder (which is what attaches to the drill) sheared of while driving a screw. Now all the driver bits are worthless. The drill bits themselves have held up OK. I've broken two of the smaller ones, and the others have held their sharpness for the most part. As a replacement for this B&D set, I went out and purchased one of the Craftsman Speed-Lok sets and I couldn't be happier with it. Black & Decker 71-968 Drilling and Driving Set, 109-Piece

Nothing much to say about this other than it's great for the price. The screwdriver is a bit flimsy but that's expected with a $15 tool set. Overall it's a decent buy for quick fixer uppers and what not.

For the price I guess I shouldn't complain. You do get a lot of little pieces. Unfortunately they won't last long. The screw driver handle on my set started to come loose after one use. Not worth the effort to return. Probably ok if just used lightly around the house, but not in the shop.

I have owned this set for several years. I bought it on a whim since it had so many sizes and kinds of bits and accessories I figured it would come in handy and save me a few trips to the store later on. It has paid for itself in both those regards. When I'm going into a DIY project and don't know what I'll need this is a good set to through in "just in case." Also, it has most of the odd-ball items (torx, spline, square, etc.) that have become very common, even in the home. The down side is that the quality deserves a one-star rating. I've had numerous bits snap off or shatter doing relatively light work. This set is certainly not for any serious job, but no surprises there. Overall, good set to have around and worth the money. That said, I'd be willing to pay a pretty health ransom for a higher quality set with the same diversity.

Irwin, Milwaukee, Dewalt, are you listening???

It could have been better if the black and decker drill pieces fit into the black and decker 6V pivot screwdriver. That's the only drawback about using that, so the screwdriver is basically no use at all!

Black and Decker manufacturers the bit set in China for Black and Decker and DeWalt labeled bit sets. I venture to say that all bit sets are probably made in the same factory in China so buy the cheapest set, because even the pricey ones don't last that long.

I'm happy with the contents of the set especially at this price. I would have given it 5 stars if the drill bits were easier to remove from their slots. You pretty much have to pry them out with something. I even broke one of the smaller drill bits as I was trying to get it out of its slot.

The set is a really nice little kit - I paid $10 on Amazon through a web deal. The item would be better if the drille bits were not so hard to remove from the case. I was afraid of snapping the smaller bits in half. Again nice set but poor case.

This is exactly what I needed. Large variety of drill bits and multiple driving heads for those stickler screw heads that wear the driver down. (Phillips especially). This is a great set to keep on hand for those quick projects and is very convenient, once it is folded its smaller than a lunch box. Great product at a great price. - Drill Bit Sets - Bits - Drill Bit Set - Drill Bits'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information