Thursday 23 June 2011

Monitor Cable - audio cable, monitor cable


The VGA cable with Audio was bought as a gift for my aunt who has only 20% vision in one eye (none in the other). The cable was used to hook her ancient computer (1998 w/ Windows XP) to her new HDTV. She is extremely pleased with the oversized TV as a monitor; she sits 5 feet away to see.



The fifteen feet length allowed the CPU to be placed farther from the TV. Premium VGA/SVGA/XGA/SXGA/UXGA HD15 Monitor Projector Cable with 3.5mm Audio - 15 ft. Laptop/PC to TV

The cable arrived in a few days and in excellent condition. I use the cable to connect my laptop to my Sony XBR7 LCD TV so that I can watch blueray movies. The picture and audio transfer to the TV with great quality and I am very happy with this product.

For the price, this is a fine deal. I've had no trouble with the cable as of yet. It's long enough to allow me to sit on the couch with my laptop and have it connected to the TV that's several feet away. Highly recommended!

Overall it is ok. But it has a few issues.

1. Recognition: My Dell desktop recognize it. But MacBook Pro does not recognize it when I connect it to Samsung 46-inch TV

2. Resolution: Maximum resolution between my Dell desktop and Samsung 46-inch TV is 1600x1200. It should be 1920X1080.

Pros: Plenty of length. If you have a TV of any size, don't discount the length you'll need. Video quality is excellent. Watched a game on ESPN3 from using my laptop to push the game to my 46" LCD. Looked as good or maybe even slightly better than standard definition from my satellite (obviously not as good as high def).



Cons: Length of audio cord only about 18" or so on each end. Wouldn't to the input on my home theater, so I had to improvise. Good that it's there, but consider the distance you need.



Would definitely buy another if I need one. Very satisfied.

I have a Y-splitter on my computer. From there one cable goes to my monitor and the other one is connected to my 26" LCD via this cable. Picture quality & sound are very good. I am happy with it so far and for my purposes the cable is long enough too with room to spare.

I bought 2. I can get neither to work. I bought them to use my HDTV as a monitor for my laptops. Neither worked on either laptop. Must be too long because I have used shorter cables successfully. The TV doesn't recognize any input through these cables. My advice, don't waste your money to buy these cables.

Cables function to trasport signal from point A to point B. However, this cable has a short audio connector - 12 inches long. With the audio out plug on the front of many computers, and the video on the side or back, the audio cable does not reach. (Or the video does not reach, you choose). Either way, video AND audio cannot be transported so it is unusable for it's purposes with many computers.



I bought another cable that has a 24 inch audio end, and it is usable in almost any situation. Check it out:



http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Go-43098-Monitor-Cable/dp/B000EI3W8U/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_cart_4 - Monitor Cables - Audio Cable - Monitor Cable - Computer Cables'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information