Sunday 26 June 2011

Ipod Nano Watch Band - waterproof mp3, h2ofriendly


I like the functionality of this product being sweatproof and waterproof for my ipod nano 6g but using the volume buttons is almost impossible. The Photos show the person pressing the buttons on the top but in reality you have to turn the ipod on its side because of the space the headphone attachment takes. That is super annoying... Also the size is kind of bulky for an armband on women. I have an athletic sized woman bicep so I can't imagine this being comfortable on a thin woman.



The armband itself and the quality is great though! There is virtually no other decent alternatives so this is the #1 option. I can easily use the touchscreen through the window with a heavier touch (which I kind of prefer). H2O Audio Amphibx Fit Lightweight Waterproof Armband for iPod shuffle and Other Small MP3 Players (Black)

I was blowing through nano's like they were going out of style. I would sweat on them and they would stop working I only wish I found this case sooner and I'd be about 2Grand richer, fits my 6th gen nano with Nike+ censor perfectly. MUST HAVE FOR THE HEAVY SWEATER like myself

Only had this a week but have used a few times in the Atlanta heat so it's gotten wet and no problems so far. Says it's tested to 12 feet in the water but I'm only using for running so the sweatproof matters more to me. A few things I noticed from the onset:



1) It's durable, almost seems like overkill to be putting an Ipod shuffle in there but it works and I recently killed my nano using a standard band so I hope the extra expense is worth it.

2) The band is fairly short. I don't have big biceps but it barely fits me so if you have guns, you might have to order an extra band which is $5 on their website.

3) In order to be truly 'waterproof', you need waterproof earbuds. There's an adapter to seal it with those but they are $30 from H2O and I didn't want to pay that so I'm using the Apple headphones for now. The only exposure is the connection itself which might get moisture but shouldn't be much.



Recommend so far, seems like a well-made product.

What I like:

* Fits my ipod nano 6th gen (tiny one).

* Easy to use

* Works for SUP'ing down wind great!



What I don't like:

* Arm band doesn't fit my bicep

* Rather difficult to operate touch screen on the new tiny Ipod Nano.



I'm wondering if this case might work better with the ipod shuffle? Anybody try it with that?



Definitely awesome to have the water music option for training!



Aloha,



Justin

This product is fine for wearing while jogging in the rain but if you wear it while swimming laps plan on spending $150 every other time you use it. I used it twice. My iPod started to act erratically and when I got out of the pool, the unit leaked. It was ruined. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT while swimming laps !

My son is a competitive swimmer and tried this case. On its first use the case began taking on water and destroyed his iPod. Thankfully this was an old shuffle so he did not lose his primary iPod. This is a piece of crap and unless you have an infinite supply of iPods my suggestion is that you spend your money more wisely.

If you are a heavy sweater, this is the only acceptable case for the new ipod nano. I haven't tried swimming with the case, which I realize is what it is made for. I'm a runner and I sweat. The people who designed this new ipod clearly don't do any real exercise b/c if you just clip the nano to your clothes it will be ruined by sweat after one run. I'm happy with the watertightness of this case, but it is difficult to use the touch screen on the nano while it is in the case.

I received my new iPod Shuffle as a gift to use for marathon training and long-distance running. In the course of my typical runs and races, I am drenched in sweat and often cool myself down by pouring water over me and I certainly didn't want to ruin my new iPod so this seemed the best choice.



I've tested it extensively and used in the pouring rain and water (thankfully) hasn't made it past the rubber seal and my iPod is safe and dry.



The exterior is a clear plastic that let's you see what your doing, selecting, etc but it's a bit hard to navigate/scroll...which is fine since it keeps the iPod dry. I don't fool around with any settings while running, I just select my Playlist, hit shuffle and run.



The interior audio plug helps create the watertight barrior but the plug gets in the way inside the case and makes me feel like it could (eventually) push through the thin clear plastic-like wall that allows you to see the player and screen. I'm sure it's just me though.



I am used to running with my old MP3 player on the waistban of my shorts so it's a bit odd with this hanging on my arm, but it hasn't slowed me down or posed any problems. You can get a longer elastic band made for the case, but I will just keep using the arm band. The waterproof housing is a bit larger than anticipated, but again..it keeps my iPod dry while I'm soaking wet so I'm happy! - H2ofriendly - Waterproof Ipod - Aquatic Mp3 Player - Waterproof Mp3'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information