Thursday 23 June 2011

Mobile One - mobil1, lubricants


This is the best oil out there for the regular driver who wants maximum protection for the car's engine. A little research brought me to the Mobil 1 Extended Performance line of Synthetic oils when searching for a product that could allow me more time between oil changes. Mobil 1 EP allows a 15,000 mile/1 year guaranteed life of the product. I have been using this in combination with their Mobil 1 filters for years. The cost is higher, but I only need to change the oil once a year!



Originally developed for aerospace, synthetic oils became commercially available in the 1960's. Some technical advantages Synthetic Oil has over Conventional Oil are [from Wikipedia]:



- Measurably better low and high temperature viscosity performance

- Better chemical & shear stability

- Decreased evaporative loss

- Resistance to oxidation, thermal breakdown and oil sludge problems

- Extended drain intervals with the environmental benefit of less oil waste.

- Improved fuel economy in certain engine configurations.

- Better lubrication on cold starts



By using a Synthetic oil not only will your engine be able to perform better, but it can also extend the engine life. I HIGHLY recommend use for those with more severe or high demand driving conditions. Mobil 1 44976 Extended Performance 5W-30 Motor Oil - 1 Quart, Pack of 6

From having worked in the petroleum industry test industry, I learned from our customers that Mobil 1 has been the pioneer and the performance benchmark for synthetic lubricants.



From personal experience, I have used this product in my vehicles, both classic and contemporary, for more than fifteen years or easily 2 million miles without an engine failure.

Amazon is my source for buying so many things, and I am a satisfied user, but we do still need to check locally. Mobil 1 oil is on a promotional sale at Advance Auto -5qts plus free Mobil 1 filter($10)for $30. Of course, it's an excellent oil with the EP version permitting 15,000 miles or 1 yr(I wouldn't really go that far myself)between changes. It can be economical to use since less oil changes can more than make up for the additional cost of this synthetic oil.

I have been using Mobile 1 Extended Performance 5w-30 in both my BMW and my Toyota for the last several years. Mobile 1 is recommended and original equipment in my BMW and has been great in the Toyota. I only drive each vehicle about 7-8k miles per year, but have had no problems going 12 months before changing. I also like the fact that less frequent oil changes are better for the environment. The extra cost of full synthetic oil is well worth it.

I've used Extended Performance for over 2 years in a truck and a car. It works great and we haven't had any oil related issues with either vehicle. It really will run 15,000 miles clean. Make sure to get a good oil filter.

My father was a Mobil dealer for over 40 years, and I began using Mobil 1 oil when it first came out. He was also an excellent mechanic, and he taught me the trick to getting the most out of your synthetic oil...



Continue to change your OIL FILTER at 6,000 mile intervals. Keep a quart handy to top off after the filter change. No exaggeration: my 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT went 20,000 miles between Mobil 1 changes. I drove that car vigorously. In that time, only 2 filter changes and 1 quart added (the Eclipse uses a small filter).



My 06 Ram requires an oil change every 3500 miles like clockwork. Delay, and I start hearing the lifters tick. Next change will be Mobil 1, which I have hesitated on because 7 quarts of the stuff is pricey, and my father is no longer around to discount me.



If you live in northern US or Canada, consider the 0W-40 formula.



Another piece of advice. Do not store this oil for long periods of time in a location that is subject to sub-freezing temperatures. It will eventually separate, and you will find a white sludge at the bottom of your quart.



Believe the hype. Mobil 1 exceeds its advertising if properly used.

I ordered this Oil and a Purolator PL20195 PureONE Oil Filter, Pack of 1 from Amazon on August 12. It was estimated to be delivered on August 16.It is now September 2nd and I still have not received the package. The UPS web site says a shipping label was created and they are waiting for the package. I could not find a way to contact amazon so I am leaving this review so someone at amazon will contact me and resolve this problem.

Thank You - Lubricants - Mobil1 - Full Synthetic'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information