Wednesday 29 June 2011

Replacement Battery - laptop, power adapter


This charger is really cheap and works with my DV4 series laptop. It charges the battery and does everything a normal charger should do for a fraction of the price compared to the chargers available at retail stores. It also does have a light on it to tell you if it is on. However, it does have some major drawbacks. One, the cord is a bit shorter than the original. Not a big deal, but it is annoying sometimes. Two, when I plug this charger into my laptop, I can hear a high pitched noise emanating from my computer; this is certainly not the case with my other original HP charger. When I plug any of my monitors into my laptop with the new charger in, the screen becomes shaky and unstable, like it is receiving interference. When I use my regular HP charger, the problem goes away. Thus, this leads me to believe that there is a problem with the way the chargers are manufactured.



Even though the price was really good, it makes me hesitant to use this charger because I am afraid that it might destroy my laptop in the long run. I would say this is a good charger to use only when no other options are available. If I knew this information when I bought the charger, I wouldn't have bought it. New Replacement AC Adapter Laptop Charger for HP Pavilion DV4 DV5 Series; HP G50 G60 Series

I was skeptical with this being $15 cheaper than others but it works fine. I got a second one for work. Now I have one for work and home offices that I don't have to unplug. I keep the original in my laptop case for the road.



Only thing to be aware of is the cord is slightly shorter than original. It is not too short by any means but it is shorter by a foot or so. So if you need this for a lengthy reach then make sure you get an extension cord or buy something else.



Hope this helps!

Perfect condition, good packaging.

Not a whole lot to say, the charger came new.. you can't beat that for this price.

I prefer it to my original adapter as the one MoonTech shipped me had an LED display for when the charger was plugged in..

Thank you, good buy if you need a replacement.

I got this adapter as a replacement for my sons laptop 3 months ago. A few days ago it started making noise and overheated and melted! Good thing we were home, it would have burned the house down. This is a piece of junk. STAY AWAY!

THIS ADAPTER CAUSED MY LAPTOP TO SHORT CIRCUIT AND CATCH FIRE!



Just because an adapter is listed to be compatible with your laptop DOES NOT MEAN IT IS! I'm not an expert and cannot properly explain it, but a technologically capable friend of mine told me that the voltage of this adapter wasn't the same as my old adapter, and the difference caused my computer to short circuit and go up in smoke. And because this happened with a replacement adapter and not the original given to me by HP, my warranty doesn't mean a damn thing. So please check to make sure the voltage is the same, I'd hate for someone to go through what I just went through!



GO WITH THE SURE THING! I really wish I would have spent the money on one approved by HP! I TRIED TO SAVE FORTY BUCKS AND NOW I HAVE TO COME UP WITH 700 FOR A NEW COMPUTER! I AM SO FULL OF RAGE.

What I paid for, and expected, was a charger that would perform up to industry standard and last AT LEAST six months. That didn't happen.





The product is horrible. Charged the laptop just fine(although it did overheat) for the first two weeks, developed a short in the next week, stopped charging completely within a month. Even the housing around the innards was poor, the cords couldn't stand up to BASIC wear and tear. Do yourself a favor, and just spring for the expensive HP replacement.

i bought this charger amazed at the price and when i received it, it worked great for around the first month but then it stopped fully charging my laptop and now doesnt even work!! then i contacted the seller and they havent answered me so i dont know what to do because i have a 12 month warrenty and i cant use it because the seller will not contact me back!!!! i am sooooo dissappointed with this product and strongly suggest you DO NOT BUY IT!!

I purchased this product because it was cheap and I didn't do much research on AC adapters. Next time, I will be more conscious about what I purchase. Not only was I shocked every time I plugged in the cord, the cord would generate an excessive amount of heat. After only a few uses, my computer started running slower, and now over-heats. Upon further inspection by an expert, I found out the plug was not properly grounded (despite having a 3rd prong), and the amperage it was outputting was much higher than it claimed... thereby melting my computer. Awesome right?



Anyway, I have since returned this cord, and have purchased a much better one. In my opinion this AC adapter is a waste of time and money. For the safety of your outlets and your computer buy something else. - Power Adaptor - Power Adapter - Laptop - Hp'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information