Monday 27 June 2011

Flat Panel Mount - tv wall mount, lcd wall mount


I recently purchased 2 Samsung LCD TVs, 40" for the master bedroom and 52" for the family room. Initially I was planning to purchase one articulating mount for the master bedroom and one simple titling mount for the family room. However, based on the quality of this unit, I purchased 2 articulating mounts. In addition to providing flexibility in viewing angles/positions, articulating mounts are great for the initial set-up and subsequent rewiring or replacement of components (you do not have to take off the TV; you simply pull it out and the back of the TV is easily accessible).



This unit is heavy (definitely 2-person job to mount the wall plate), solid, and made with high quality materials. Installation was pretty straight-forward. Instructions were somewhat terse (small/tiny diagrams) and not clear (e.g., which screws/bolts/spacers to use when attaching the back beams to the TV), but they were not that difficult to figure out.



Here are some recommendations:

1) Make sure that the back beams are attached to the TV at equal height. Even if you use the same holes, there is about 0.125" play when tightening the bolts. Otherwise, the TV could be not level even if the wall plate is level.

2) If you have a low margin of error for the height of the mount (I had to mount them in a built in cabinets with 1" gap on all 4 sides), attach the back beams to the TV first and measure the distace between the top of the TV and the point where the beam will "hook" on to the plate. Then figure out where to drill the holes based on the distance between the point where the beam will "hook" on to the plate and the center of openings for the screws/bolts.

3) Always measure twice and use a high quality level to make sure that the mount is level. VideoSecu Articulating TV Wall Mount for Most 37"-55" TV, Dual Arm Extends up to 26 Inch From Wall Free HDMI cable 1VH

This is an awesome product! It's very strong and feels very stable even when the TV is fully extended from the wall! It was simple to install and mount the TV. I checked with my local electronics store and they wanted $400-$500 for an articulating mount that wasn't nearly as strong and stable in the store display. I highly recommend this mount to everyone even if you don't intend to use the articulation. The articulation makes it so much easier to make connections on the back of the TV! I can't find words to say how great this product is! The value and strength are the best I've found anywhere!

I purchased this product a few days ago on Wednesday and received it on Saturday. I had the cheapest shipping so I was quite impressed to get it so quickly.



The item out of the box felt very sturdy and looked great. The directions were very easy to understand. There were a lot of diagrams and there were pictures for every nut and bolt size. There was a vast array of screw sizes as well as different lengths.



I have a 42 inch LG plasma and the brackets were easy to install. What's nice is the bracket came with screw extenders because the mount could not screw flush to the back of the tv, the tv had some screws that poked out the back.



Installation of the mount to the wall was easily as well. You will need a drill to make the initial holes as well as a ratchet to tighten the wall bolts. The mount has a leveler on it but we used our own leveler to level the system.



The brackets on the tv easily sit on the mount and voila you are done.



There is enough space to plug wires in the back of the tv infront of the mount. I would recommend using the spacers for the additional room. It is amazing how far the tv swings out and to the side. I will have to post pictures of my tv.



All in all this is a great system for the value ($75), hands down. I would definitely purchase another in the future.



Cheers!

I have had a 52" Philips LCD for over a year now and have been searching for a swivel mount that can come off the wall so I can wire or re-wire my componets to the tv. Every mount I came accross at my local stores (Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target) were all in the hundreds, some close to $400.00. Rediculous! I decided to check online and see what I could find. So I googled large LCD swivel mounts and I found a lot on Amazon that sell thru another party. I found three mounts that stuck out for me, this one, another made by cheetah,and another one made by Videosecu. I ultimatley eneded up choosing this one beacuse it has duel arms that hold the LCD up instead of just one (Cheetah mount) I wanted to make sure that the arms would hold up my 89lb LCD.



I ordered the mount on Decemebr 16th and recieved it on December 23rd. On Amazon.com the description said it weighs between 40 lbs. and 50 lbs. for the shipping weight. The package I recieved weighed 21.5 lbs, So I assumed they sent me the wrong mount so I opened it up any ways to take a look and I looked online to see if the model numbers were the same and they were except online the model number was MW360BH and the one I received was MW360B does the missing H really matter I thought? Inside the box does not give you a max load weight but all other measurements were correct and matched. I deceided to put the mount up any ways. I read on other reviews for this product that the hardware given in the box to hang the mount were less than efficent so I looked at them and yes, they are pretty low grade lag screws, so I went to Home Depot and bought four 5/16x3 lag screws and four 3/8 washers. I also before hand bought a stud finder that finds the middle of the studs. Make sure that your studs are no more that 16.5 inches apart or else the mount will NOT work. Make sure you hit the middle of the studs with the lag screws or else you will be crying your self to sleep over a busted LCD or plazma that fell off the wall. The mount it self is very sturdy and is made of good solid materials. I measured to the center of my wall and then marked where the studs are. I drilled small pilot holes and screwed one top corener in and while I held it up I checked where it was with a level marked the the side to be drilled. That was the hadrest part do. This job might require a another person. The mount is not easy to hold up, level, and screw down by your self. After I got the mount bolted down I checked the stability of it by putting some weight on it. I weigh 220lbs and hung most of my weight on it and it did not budge at all. Put the tv on and slid it on evenly. Perfect. Buy this mount! - Flat Panel Mount - Tv Wall Mount - Wall Mount - Lcd Wall Mount'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information