Saturday 25 June 2011

Microwave Egg Cooker - egg poachers, cooking gadgets


Good micro poacher.



Pros: Works great



Cons: none so far



Be sure to poke the yokes and whites with a fork before cooking to keep the explosions to a minimum. ;-)

Also add half a teaspoon of water under and on top of eggs before cooking.

30 seconds per egg on med-high (7 out of 10 setting) Adjust time + or - 10 sec for desired yokeage liquidity. ;-) Ya know what i'm talkin' bout. Progressive International Microwavable Four Egg Poacher

...We also use this to cook eggs quickly, for egg salads. Just let the time extend

on the cooking, until the whole egg is hard, then slice or chop for the salad. Poacher easily cleans, with no sticking, and NO TEFLON! A great value--I bought one for my sister, also

I thought this was a really great egg poacher. It promised to be stick-free, and it was true! I have never had to grease the poacher, add butter, or anything to prevent sticking. The product comes with very simple instructions to create your perfect egg. I usually only make one egg at a time, but it is handy even for one egg. I would definitely buy this again.

I bought this device also based on the other reviews. The best way (at least allowed from a culinary point if view is obviously the traditional way that involves turning boiling water) is not the most easy, and that is where this device come to play: it is dead easy to use.

The result looks a 7 out of 10, however it tastes a 9 out of 10. And it takes no time; some water in the bowls, break and hop in the eggs, a bit of water on the top, and 60 sec per egg added, a short wait, and there you are!



I wish there is such a device to roast a turkey!!

The Progressive Microwavable egg poacher is much quicker at poaching eggs than the traditional method but it does have it's drawbacks. Plan on a portion of the egg being under cooked and a portion almost hard boiled. Also no matter how many holes you punch in the raw egg there will be some small explosions in the microwave. Still it is usable and the poached egg tastes good. I will continue using it.

What is good about this product is that it's easy to clean & it ruins the eggs quickly. I had a Salton electric egg poacher that lived a long, wonderful life, cooking perfect eggs every time. I've gone through 18 eggs, 2 at a time, following the instructions exactly, next, trying a litte more/less water, little/more cooking time, little more/less power level. Nothing works. If 1 egg is close to edible, the other isn't. I'm going to buy an Egg Genie now.

I used to have a 2 cup microwave egg poacher and I loved it, but eventually lost it during a move. Rather than eat fast food egg and English muffin sandwiches I wanted to make my own (more economical) so I thought I would try this out.



I purchased two of them (one for home and one for work). Every time I have used it it has produced perfect poached eggs.



Two things to remember:



1) Poke the egg whites and yolk a lot or they will explode under the cover.



2) Use the time that the instructions say - they really do cook in a minute. It's easy to over/under cook if you prefer one or the other.



I highly recommend this poacher for those of us who like poached eggs but don't want to go through the hassle of making them in a pan of water and vinegar.

I have tried this product many times and have not been able to perfect the poached egg as per instructions. I have either made the egg too hard or too loose. The time they say is not accurate. All I get is hard boiled egg. Ive tried it with less mins. and it was too loose. Cant get the correct time to produce the microwave poached egg.

Easy way to get some protein in my kids in the morning -- a minute in the microwave and they're done. I can't scramble that fast! Easier to clean than the two-egg version I had before, but clean it right away! - Microwave - Egg Poachers - Cooking Gadgets - Egg'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information