Thursday 30 June 2011

Obviously For Men - clipper, beard trimmer


This works great as a beard/moustache/other short hair trimmer. Sharp, watertight, easy to change the batteries. My only complaint is that the shortest setting (without taking the guard off) isn't short enough. My previous trimmer could do much shorter with the guard on.



So, this is great unless you like to have very short hair, in which case you'll have to use it with the guard off, which is much harder to get an even length with.

I don't have a particularly dense beard, but I like to keep it about 3/4 inch long. I found that I could trim a section for about 60 seconds and it would only cut about half the hairs. The result looked worse and more ragged than if I'd not bothered trimming.



I see the other reviews are very positive -- perhaps it works better for more closely trimmed beards or maybe I just got a bad unit.

This product was a huge dissapointment for me. It just doesn't cut much of anything. I had to put it on the lowest setting and it still left the hair 1/2 inch long in most spots... other patches were even longer. It gives a very uneven "cut", and, it snagged several times.



It's not even usable for me, I'm sending it back.

I've been trimming my beard with the same pair of electric clippers that I use on my hair, and got this because it's battery powered, lighter, and goes to a shorter minimum length. It's obviously not as strong as the wall-powered clippers I'm accustomed to, and gets significantly bogged down by a thick beard, but it's great to be able to trim in the shower since I can never seem to get all the hair-dust out of my counter grout nomatter how long I scrub. It's still $13.51 as I write this, which is pretty good for the quality.

I bought this to replace my very, very old Wahl trimmer which was becoming problematic in its old age.



The Panasonic ER2403 is nicely designed and fits well in my large hand. The battery compartment, which holds two AAA batteries, is easily opened, but well sealed. The built-in trimmer head is very nice. On my Wahl, the trimmer guide was a separate part and had to be installed for each use. I like this built-in guide better. It is easily removable for cleaning.



The shortest trim setting is 1/8th inch, which will probably not please those people who want to look like they didn't shave for a day.



The 2403 can be used, Panasonic claims, wet or dry. Call me a traditionalist, but I've never tried wet and probably won't.



The compact, sleek design lends itself to packing for travel.



Overall, this is a nice unit for the bearded and mustsachioed.



Jerry

I've tried several different trimmers and this one is okay to good. It's a little larger than most trimmers I've used, and it doesn't trim quite as well as I think it should (low power, less precision). The built in guard is a nice feature.

I have been trimming my beard and mustache with scissors and a razor for many years and decided to try out a trimmer. I read the reviews of many trimmers and selected this one based on the decent reviews and low price ($10). I figured if I did not like it the cost of my education would be small.



I liked it from the start and after six weeks of use I still like it. It is indeed made of plastic but the plastic is high quality - the trimmer has a good feel and the removable guide is high quality and is finished well. I found a length I liked (#3) and the guide does not slip from that setting.



The guide is easily removable and I use it that way to trim the edge of my mustache. Once in a great while it will pull a bit before cutting.



The only negative is putting a drop of oil on the blade - not difficult, not annoying, just an extra 30 seconds when I am trying to get out the door in the morning. Almost all the other trimmers I checked out also require oiling so this appears to be part of the deal.



Uses batteries, light weight, one piece -- no wires, no charger, and no zillions of pieces. All in all, a five star product.

I bought this product for the price and I wanted to opt out of a rechargable shaver, because I am replacing a rechargable shaver in which the batteries went bad. It seems to have trouble cutting my facial hair compared to my previous Conair kit. But it seems well built otherwise, I like that it is waterproof.



It doesn't last too long on a set of batteries, especially since it takes longer to get the job done due to the poor cutting. I'll probably stick with this despite the poor cutting because of simplicity (not tons of attachements to lose or chargers to keep track of or batteries that will go bad) and the waterproof feature, which makes it easy to clean.



Overall you get what you pay for, an inexpensive shaver that gets the job done, and has everything you really need in a self contained unit. - Moustache - Clipper - Beard Trimmer - Grooming'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information