Sunday 26 June 2011

Rachael Ray Cookware - rachael ray, grill pan


I bought the pan because I was in the market for a griddle type pan, and I was really interested in the new oval shapes in cookware. I enjoy Rachael Ray's show and follow quite a few of her recipes, and that orange trim really caught my eye, so I bought it.

Other than the fact that I wish the handle were on the shorter end rather than centered at the widest point, (because maneuvering can be tricky unless you have a huge rangetop), I'm pleased with the way it cooks. I'm lucky enough with a large enough kitchen that I can leave it out, because it's rather eye-catching, (I bought the saute' pan too, with the lid) and I find myself using it more and more often. It's great for searing. I made wonderful porkchops last night. I recommend it if you don't want to spend a fortune, but still want those nice grill marks in a pan.

I actually bought this pan on extreme impulse...to make a flank steak philly cheesesteak something-or-other that I caught on the Rachel Ray show (demonstrated on this very pan,of course). The size is unique and very useful for long cuts of meat or to set things off to the side like a real grill. It is truly non-stick and cleans up very easily. It's heavy gauge, even-cooking, and decently priced. I find Rachel a little annoying to listen to generally...but I'm glad I listened to her this time!

Rachael Ray's recent cookbook has "orange" in the title, because, as she puts it, it's her favorite color. This grill pan, as one might guess, has a characteristic orange handle.



But the key point is simple: this works pretty well. Once the weather gets colder, I begin to use grill pans a lot more. For small jobs, I have a nice 10 inch circular grill pan. But when I have to grill chicken or pork chops or fish for several people, that pan just doesn't do the trick. And there is where Ray's grill pan comes into play.



My recipes for grilled chicken and fish for three (or sometimes four) people calls for a larger grill pan. The oval pan here is just the ticket. I put it over two burners (maybe I'm sinning in doing this) and grill the food. The end result is pretty good. The nonstick surface seldom leads to what's being grilled sticking (some nonstick surfaces aren't nonstick!).



All in all, then, I really appreciate this grill pan. If my experience is typical, then this is something that those wanting a good grill pan might think of acquiring.

I was very disappointed in this grill pan and would never buy any other Rachel Ray cookware. First of all there was a flaw in the non-stick coating which chipped the first time I washed it, by hand with a soft non abrasive sponge. I exchanged it and didn't have that problem with the second one but if I still had the package I would just get a refund.



There is a really strong chemical smell when it's heating up. Kind of smells like fresh paint or something which isn't real appetizing when you're trying to cook a meal. This does seem to be getting better the more it's used, or maybe I'm getting used to it. With the oval shape it obviously hangs over the stove's burner some, which would be fine but it doesn't conduct heat evenly. I usually put either 4 chicken breasts or 4 pork chops in it and I have to rotate them because the ones in the middle will burn while the outer ones are raw. For a family of 4 this is a good size, just poor quality. Another thing that could have been better is the ease of cleaning. Where the grill ridges meet the bottom of the pan should have been more rounded, mine gets build up in the creases which has to be scraped out with something like a toothpick. I do love the idea of a grill pan and would use it all the time if I had a decent one. Very disappointing!

I bought the pan because I was in the market for a griddle type pan,The size is unique and very useful for long cuts of meat or to set things off to the side like a real grill. It is truly non-stick and cleans up very easily. I put it over two burners and grill the food. The end result is pretty good.This pan is great for chicken, fish, steaks, and chops. I recommend it if you don't want to spend a fortune, but still want those nice grill marks in a pan.

This is my first rachel ray pan, and I am in love. If the rest of my pans weren't in such good shape, I'd buy the whole set! I love how easy it is to clean. I love how you can easily fit 3 reasonably sized steaks/chicken cutlets. A must have for any cook!

This nonstick oval grill pan is absolutely the best thing I have ever bought for my kitchen. It's big enough so that I can place it over two burners if I want to. And, I could not believe how easy it was to clean; most of the food residue comes off under running water. I highly recommend this grill. If I had to get rid of every pot in my kitchen and just keep one, this would be it. Rachel Ray's nonstick oval grill pan is the BEST. - Hard Anodized - Hard-anodized - Rachael Ray - Rachael Ray Cookware - Grill Pan - Grill Pans'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information