Sunday 26 June 2011

Lens Cleaning Tissues - glasses, bausch and lomb


Each wipe is in a foil-lined wrapping, which makes them last longer because they don't dry out from sitting around. That's a nice touch.



It has to be remembered that these are WIPES...not wash-cloths. You take one out, give a wipe, and you're done. The wipe doesn't last any longer than that. If you expect more, then your expectations are unrealistic.



The box says "High-tech ammonia-free formula", so who knows what's actually in there. It's pretty clear that on my multi-coated filters, the wipe's solution hasn't damaged the coating, so I'd say it's plastic-safe. It probably is, or is a variant of, electronic contact cleaner, which removes grease, dries without residue, and is plastic-safe. I also use the wipe to clean spill-droplets off of my computer monitor (I'm a messy eater and it's a 30" monitor...lots of area to catch flying debris!) These clean the soft LCD without any problems.



I find that for lenses and filters, it's best to practice a motion that gets the entire lens as quickly as possible. Get the wipe off while it's still wet, and let the solution evaporate off.



I hate making waste, but I tried a lens microfiber-cloth once and it doesn't work. I was at the Grand Canyon and my lens was dusty. I wipe off the lens with the micro-cloth, and the lens looked like I hadn't touched it. So much for microfiber-cloths.



Oh, for dust on your lens, remember to follow the instructions on the packet..."lightly brush away dust and dirt with the folded wipe." Then you unfold and clean. Don't wipe dust into your lens.



Recommended. Zeiss Pre-Moistened Lens Cloths Wipes 200c

The "Zeiss Lens Cloths" are just about the best and most convenient lens cleaner I have found. We use very high grade digital still and video cameras in our business and trust these cleaners to get the lenses clean without removing the protective coatings.



We also wear glasses and these also work great on them as well, leaving no streaking at all.



Highly recommended!

The first time (or even second time) you use these wipes expect a bit of smearing. What it appears this wipe is doing is removing old residue from whatever previous cleaner you used. Once you get the old muck off your lenses these wipes will keep the optics perfectly clean.

These wipes work perfectly.



They work great on my glasses and my daughter's, even though her's get really dirty.



And they work great on our digital SLR camera.



Plus, they are about half the price (or maybe less) than the Bausch & Lomb wipes!

i was expecting something a little better with Zeiss on the package, but what you get is a bunch of alcohol wipes. They are decent at removing grime but it leaves streaks on LCD screens and lenses that need to be buffed away with a microfiber towel.

These are nice cloths for cleaning my eyeglasses. I needed something that would be easy to carry and keep in various places (office, car, home).

I am very happy with them.

They have done a nice job preventing my lenses from fogging up in the cold weather here in Omaha.

These wipes do indeed work as advertised, but it takes a few tries to get the hang of using them properly at first. In particular, skin oil on glasses lenses is a bit tricky to remove as the wipe has a tendency to smear it around rather than picking it up. The wipes are indeed fairly wet but they dry out quickly. (No clue what's in the solution other than isopropanol.)



For glasses, they are not better than a bottle of glasses cleaner and a clean cloth (e.g. microfiber) known not to scratch your lenses. I find these wipes most useful on the go, when I don't want to carry around a bottle of some chemical and a real cloth. - Bausch And Lomb - Glasses - Zeiss Lens Cloths - Lens Cleaning Tissues'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information