Sunday 26 June 2011

Nexus One Case - otterbox, n1


This is, hands down, the best case you can buy for your Nexus One.



I've used other inferior cases and they can't even compare to this one.



Otterbox, in case you're not familiar with them, are a high-grade manufacturer of durable and waterproof cases for electronics, similar to Pelican. Their products are extremely high quality and extremely durable.



Features:



- All buttons accessible while in the case through the rubber overlays

- Protects even the buttons (rubber overlays as seen in the pictures)

- The back of the phone is protected by a hard shell, while the top and bottom (frequent impact points) are protected by soft silicone with a matte finish which does not attract skin oil, dust or lint.

- Comes with a screen protector included (use optionally if you have an existing screen protector from Zagg like I do)

- "Flaps" open to access the headphone jack and the Micro-USB jack, protecting them from dust and debris when closed



This case is fantastic - it feels nice and solid in your hand and fits absolutely flush with all parts of the Nexus One, preventing slippage and "poor fit" symptoms of other cases. Otterbox Commuter Case for HTC Google Nexus One

I love this case on my Nexus One. It is easy to remove if needed to access the battery and memory and sim card if needed. Very sturdy case with enough grip to keep the phone in your hand while on the move. Their is a soft touch silicone skin with padded corners and a hard plastic backing that goes on top in the back for more support. Also includes a screen protector that is easy to apply if you follow instructions.

I have just finished applying this cover onto my Nexus One and yes it is all that you've heard and more. It feels sturdy, the rubber is thick and does not leave gaps or cracks between the phone and the rubber case. On top of that the hard plastic keeps everything tight and the rubber from stretching so it's always nice and fit. There are "flaps" covers to cover your headphone jack and micro usb port, these covers snap in and don't come out randomly. All ports and microphones are accessible. So is the camera. Product gets 5/5



Shipping 4/5



The shipping and processing speed are so-so. I did NOT do expedited shipping or next-day so i expected 5-7 days. . .it took more than a week. I ordered another product the day after i ordered this and received that product before this. Be patient it's well worth the wait.



,

This case is hands down the best case for Nexus One. It feels sturdy on grip but not heavy at all.

The only con I would say is that the front part of the rubber case seems a little thin especially where it covers the light sensor and the led charge status indicator, which has a high possibility to be torn off. Future buyers should consider this part.

Since receiving this product, the fit has always been loose at the top along the face. I at first thought that this was because I hadn't fastened the hard case properly, but after repeatedly refitting, it became apparent that it was never a proper fit to begin with. Shortly thereafter the case got a small tear next to the light sensor. The tear itself isn't a big deal, but the lift at the top of the phone is. It's not just aestheticly displeasing, but it limits the overall protection that the case should provide. All in all, the case still provides robust protection for my Nexus One, but the loose fit would certainly be a deal breaker had I known before hand.

This cover seems protective. However, I don't like the fact that the phone remains slippery. You can't sit your phone on a smooth counter because a slight tap and it will slide across the surface and land on the floor. I want something that makes it less likely I will drop the phone. This is the first most important feature. This case is protective, but it does not do much to prevent you from dropping the phone in the first place.



There is a much cheaper simple rubber adornment for the phone that I like much better. I owned that for a while till I dropped my phone and broke the screen. I went with this because I wanted more screen protection. I don't think this offers much more. It has a piece of plastic that gets stuck to the screen as scratch protection. But in all the time using my phone (about 1.5 years) without that protection, I never scratched it. I may end up selling this for change on ebay. Then I'll try the next model up. I hope that model offers more protection or at least a non-slippery grip.

The silicone sleeve fits well enough. However, the hard plastic shell doesn't protect any of the common impact points and doesn't prevent the silicone sleeve from sticking in pockets.



Do not use the cloth included. It has lint from the serrated trim, which leaves small balls of lint under the screen protector. The net effect are tiny yellow threads beneath the screen protector.



You'd be best off just buying the Otterbox silicone sleeve, rather than the upgrade (Commuter Case). - N1 - Otterbox - Google - Nexus One'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information