Sunday 26 June 2011

Soft Pencils - art supplies, prismacolor


I read the reviews that complained about the brittle fill in these pencils and they are all true, if you accidentally drop one or in my case the cat knocked the box off the table you have pretty much useless color pencils and the leads have shattered and you cannot sharpen past them.



Loved the colors and blendability wish my pencils were still useable as ot seems the leads are broken about 3/16 inch apart. Prismacolor 92807 Prismacolor Scholar Colored Woodcase Pencils, 48 Assorted Colors/Set

My prismacolors were definitly a good investment. However, colored pencils break very easily when dropped and a few of the leads in mine were broken when I received them. I do not feel like they were packaged properly.

I was looking for a colored pencil set that had a wide variety of hues for art projects that I want to do. Based on the description of this product, it appeared that this set would meet my needs. I have been using this set for a few weeks and this product has met my expectations.

When I opened up my package of colored pencils I was so excited to use them. I started drawing with light wide strokes, the colors were vivid and blended together nicely.

Then as soon as I wanted to darken an area... the lead fell out...! I decided just to use another similar color. Everything was fine for like two minutes then the lead broke out of this pencil too! So I tried a third pencil with the same results.

I sharpened the three broken pencils and went back to drawing. Within minutes all three pencils were broken again.

I guess these pencils would be nice for very light drawing. I would not recommend these pencils.

This was my first set of Prismacolor's I got. And everyone told me they would be a great starting tool saying that if I start out with the Premier I might press to hard and break the lead...I dont think that was good advise for me being a older starter, I wish I would have just started with the Premier. Although, I do see for some younger starters this would be a GrEaT starting set.

The colors are virant and wonderful compared to Crayola...I dont think I could pick up a Crayola colored pencil again! Compared to the Premier pencils though, they go much quicker then them...meaning I have to sharpen them much more than Premier...so they will not last as long, therfor the price you pay for Premier is worth every penny!

Poorly packed. When I received them, the plastic casing had popped open and pencils were everywhere. Very fragile. These were too expensive to be packed so poorly as well as being so fragile you couldn't drop one without damaging it.. VERY disappointed in this purchase.

My granddaughter is an aspiring anime artist. I wanted to give her a NICE set of colored pencils but wasn't ready to spend $100 on a set at her age. She uses this brand in her art class, so I thought this set would be a good quality choice at a reasonable price. She was excited to receive them on Christmas. But these pencils are TERRIBLE! They are brittle and constantly break, are impossible to sharpen, and they do not color smoothly or evenly! She said that the cheap ones from the craft store are better, and these are now going unused. We will splurge on a better set for her birthday. Don't waste your money on these! - Prismacolor - Soft Pencils - Art Supplies - Art Products'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information