Saturday 25 June 2011

Grant Wood - belkin, running


I was looking for a Nike + iPod sensor pouch that would attach to the velcro strap on one of my Vibram Fivefingers KSOs. Most of the pouches for this sensor are designed for shoes with shoestrings, and would either not fit or be so loose the sensor would flap around. This pouch fits tightly on the velcro strap, looks good, and is a good price. Highly recommended. iArmBands Shoe Pouch / Sensor Case for Nike + iPod Sport Kit for iPod nano / touch / itouch (Black)

The pouch itself seems to be made from a nice cushiony black material and I think that it should hold up well. The accuracy has been slightly variable but not enough for me to complain too greatly about it.



The problem is that after approximately 6 runs with this in two shoelaces, the red strip of material on the back became loose and the whole thing fell off. Luckily I was on the treadmill to recalibrate my sensor and it only flew back a couple feet. The stitching that keeps that strip attached is very weak. When I looked at it again it seemed to be attached about about 4 loops of stitches and it wasn't very sturdy.



Fortunately I've just looped the flap under my shoelaces and velcro-ed the flap over the shoelace to keep the pouch in place. The velcro has held on thus far for an additional 20 runs and I seriously hope it holds on for a while longer or else I will be extremely disappointed by the product.

I really like the the armband carrier. Stays securely

fastened on the shoe when you run it through your shoe laces twice.

The only draw back is that it's off a little with tracking your pace. It doesn't track as well as when the sensor is

embedded in the sole of a shoe. Overall it's a good product.

I purchased this sensor pocket used it, but found my Nike +iPod distance to be very inaccurate. Fastening it using the lace hoop through one set of laces didn't work well at all. Stretching it some and running two sets of laces through that loop caused me to be concerned. The small amount of hook and loop fastener keeping the flap closed seemed like it could let go. I stopped using it since even with both sets of laces holding it the accuracy was just so-so, and not worth loosing my sensor. - Nike Plus - Belkin - Shoe Pouch - Running'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information