Thursday 30 June 2011

Windshield Wipers - anco, wiper blades


Already have issues with these wipers after 2 months of use. I only purchased these since there was a rebate at the time - will NOT purchase these again. They are loud since first use. And now there are streaks - doesnt wipe away all water from windshield. I use rainx frenquently. Anco 31 Series 3122 Wiper Blade - 22"

Anco 31 Series 3122 Wiper Blade - 22"



I used this for my Kia Optima 2004 model and its great. The earlier wipers made noises like nails on a chalkboard. But this is totally streak free, very quiet and is easy to install. Actually, its more like push it into place, rather than install! And what's more I got two wipers for about [...]. Highly recommended by someone who has had a hard time with bad wipers! Thanks...



Update 07/02/2010



These wiper blades are finished. I am ordering a replacement. They are very short lived! Not recommended!

I will never buy this product from amazon again. The blades I received had already been opened (and amazon indicated they were new in the box) and the 22" blade is bent, meaning it does not wipe the whole surface area as intended. I already had thrown out the box or would have returned the item.

These wipers are garbage! The very next day after putting them on, the driver's side literally fell apart.

I know these are economy wipers, but I expected to get a bit more out of them than 24 hours!

They are made of cheap plastic pieces that are linked together haphazardly.

My advice is spend a few more dollars and get the Rainx brand wipers, they are metal... EVEN the cheapo wipers at my local auto part store are metal and better made!

For the price, these wipers cannot be beat. They offer a clean wipe and install easily. I have had a pair on my wife's car for 10 months, including the winter, and they still work well. Occasionally they have been a little noisy, but wiping them off with glass cleaner every so often seems to prolong their life.

I purchased these wipers based on the positive reviews... WOW! What a mistake!! I put them on my wife's 2004 Toyota Camry and my 2004 Toyota Echo, and they seem to have apparently "dried out" while exposed to sunlight, for every time you turn on the wipers, they "skid" along the windshield and make a lot of noise. My wife complained to me about them... more than once... saying they were EXTREMELY noisy. They worked OK for a VERY short time, but it didn't take them very long to become "dried out" and start "skipping along" on the windshield, making much noise, and no longer cleaning the windshield as they were meant to do. Apparently, Anco uses VERY low quality rubber for these... hence the low price. If I could have given them zero stars, I would have. I am 64 years of age and have had many different windshield wiper blade replacements in my life, but never with such poor results. Don't waste your money on these!!!!

I bought this wiper and a Ford Motorcraft wiper at the same time for a comparison on my two cars. The Anco wipers are not worth the cheap price they charge you, they are very poor out of the box . The old wipers I replaced did a better job and they were separating. These wipers streak the windshield and are noisy as soon as you put them on. Not worth the time it takes to swap them and maybe you might do better with used wipers. The Motorcraft wipers I bought as a comparison are smooth like butter with a very clean windshield as a result. Not sure what consumers reports was evaluating but this wiper was poor for both the passenger and the drivers side. Not sure I have ever bought a wiper that was worse.



Be warned - Windshield Wipers - Anco - Wiper Blades - Wipers'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information