Thursday 23 June 2011

Mp3 Accessories - mp3 accessories, portable speakers


I received a set of these speakers as part of a corporate gift bag. I've used them for at least two years and they just gave out on me. Just logged on here to buy another pair. I travel a bit for work and I have found these to be a perfect solution for listening to my tunes in the car and the hotel without having to worry about carrying the right adapters, having batteries, etc. The sound isn't great but I listen to podcasts a lot (spoken word) and they work just fine for that purpose. I'm buying another pair if that tells you what I think of them. Can't beat the price. AudioTechnica AT-SP21 Folding Compact Portable Speakers

These speakers really fill a niche created by the ipod touch since Apple created the App Store. When I downloaded a lot of games for my 1st generation ipod touch (no internal speakers) I found I needed some portable speakers to get full enjoyment out of my ipod touch without having to put earphones on all the time. These speakers definitely fit the bill. The best feature of these speakers is that they are powered from the device they're attached to - meaning no batteries are needed(!) There are tiny speakers available from retail stores that can attach to the ipod touch, but they all need batteries. Believe me, feeding batteries into speakers gets real old, real fast.



These connected, folding speakers don't separate, but they can be used either opened or closed. I also like that the speakers are held in the closed position with a slightly magnetic closing and that there is a groove which provides a convenient wraparound for the speaker wire. While they are slightly larger and heavier than other similar compact speakers, they are still small enough to it in a purse or a pocket.



So my 4 star rating says "I like them" but I didn't spring for 5 stars. Why not? Because in spite of the obvious attention to design and portability that went into these speakers, at the end of the day, the ability of speakers to amplify sound is what separates the great ones from all the other ones. The biggest problem with small speakers is that they tend to sound pretty thin. To a certain extent, this problem is intrinsic to the form factor, but I guess I was also a little hopeful that Audio-Technica, a leader in the sound engineering industry, would put more resources into attempting to overcome this limitation. Although these speakers have a slightly larger form factor than other speakers, I can't honestly say that the sound quality justifies the larger form.



Another factor is the length of the connecting wire. On portable accessories such as these, the connecting wire is often too long and gets in the way. For these speakers, I think that Audio-Technica went too far in the other direction. If you are using these speakers with an ipod touch to play games, you tend to hold the device close to your face. The speakers are too heavy to dangle from the ipod touch, so ideally, they should be able to rest on your lap. Unfortunately, the speaker wire isn't quite long enough for that. I would have loved a retractable speaker wire so the length could be adjusted as needed. Also, be advised that because the speakers are powered by the device, you may not hear your content unless your device's volume is turned up pretty high.



That said, I do like the speakers, especially for playing games or listening to spoken word podcasts, where only passable sound quality is needed. I carry them with me much of the time. Also, the speakers are priced very reasonably, so they are a good value just from the money you can save on battery purchases alone. Bottom line: I would recommend them. I can't honestly say that they chart a new path for sound quality, but they do get the job done.

The quality of sound isn't too great. I know that you can't get perfect sound from little speakers like that, but the quality of my MP3's are perfectly fine, and I'd expect that the volume and quality of the sound coming out of the speakers would be good enough to listen to in a room. These speaker are okay for when you are sitting at your desk at work and you want to keep the volume as low as possible. Other than that, they're not worth it.

These speakers were very weak. The sound was very weak, even with my mp3 player turned up all the way. I had to hold the speakers close to my ears to hear clearly. The speakers do not have their own power source, so this makes them a lot weaker than speakers the use batteries or that have their own power source.

This product is a "passive" speaker system that does not use batteries and depends on the power of your device to output any sound. It is a complete waste. Most devices I tried it with output about as much sound from these speakers as earbuds out of the ear. I can't imagine anyone wanting to carry around this amount of bulk and not have any sound loud enough to hear in a very quiet room. NOT recommended. - Portable Speakers - Ipod Speakers - Mp3 Accessories - Ipod Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information