Monday 13 June 2011

Blackberry Tour - sprint, tour


Six months ago, the keyboard on my BlackBerry Curve 8330 died on me and I took that as a sign to upgrade. A couple of weeks later, I ended up with a brand-new BlackBerry Tour 9630 and it still keeps me happy 'till this day. Although it's no iPod or iPhone, it functions wonderfully as a media player for a working professional. Email, calendar, and contact sync with Google is flawless and when it's time for a break, Sprint TV (and Sprint's 3G network) delivers. Of course, there's a plethora of other useful apps for BlackBerries, but that's beyond the scope of this review. BlackBerry Tour 9630 Phone, Black (Sprint) M. R.

I am a decade-long Sprint Premier customer paying $120/mo (with tax) for unlimited service. Blackberry Tour is a TERRIBLE phone. I'm on the third piece of Tour hardware, after 2 Blackberry Curves that worked somewhat better. But Motorola phones worked MUCH better than Blackberry.



I spent countless hours with tech support and at the Sprint store. Maddening errors, inflexible programming, poor performance.

Sometimes tech support is poorly trained and I have to get Advanced Tech Support and spend more time with them. One upgrade was not ready for Prime Time and Synchronize corrupted my 720 contact entries (just before an out-of-town trip) because it could not handle some characters in the Contact Name. What do you do when you can't reload from backup? Aggravating!



Sprint's AirRave signal booster on my window sill is a joke too. It gets all garbled when a big email is transmitting on my network because it has no quality-of-service parameter to give it real-time priority over other traffic. It also loses the call due to poor handoff from the neighborhood cel tower whenever you walk toward it. This happens EVERY time.



Sprint messaging is a time-waster. They force you to listen to a slow and verbose Date, Time, Number before you can hear each message. You must listen to first-in-first-out and has no options to configure LIFO and skip the date/time. Better phones and cel companies try to make messages quicker, not slower.



Even the little details are poorly handled. Designers forgot this is primarily a PHONE! They made the numbers red. Now the backlight barely shines thru. The ALT key crowds the 7 so it is difficult to enter a 7.

I ordered this thinking it was a BB Tour, it turned out the seller had a BB Bold 9650. The big difference between the 2 is that the Bold can upgrade to OS 6 and i have been enjoying the phone ever since. Phone came with some scratches but i know that by ordering a used products. Got me an Otter box case and it covered all the scratches. For 130, i have a nice BB 9650, which is already cheap. I have the phone for about 3 weeks and everything works great. Thanks Mr College Book for giving me a sweet deal. - Sprint - Tour - Blackberry Tour - 9630'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information