Saturday 4 June 2011

Blueproton - 8gb, 8 gig usb flash drive


I purchased this drive to serve as a USB stick on my XBox 360, replacing an older SanDisk Cruzer Micro 4 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive SDCZ6-4096-A11. The first thing I noticed was that everything took much longer to load and any game that had an auto-save feature was basically unplayable during the save. So after some more testing on a real computer, I found this drive to perform at about half the read/write speed of my previous drive (avg of only about 5MB/sec both ways I believe).



A complete waste of money honestly for what I intended to use it for. The look is really awesome, however, if that is all you are going for. SanDisk Cruzer Blade 8GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive

Overall, this USB flash drive is an OK product. Like a previous user has said, it is a bit slow writing, but has decent read speeds. I'm not sure what happened to SanDisk's flash drives but a lot of people are experiencing slow speeds across various SanDisk flash drives.



Pros:

+ Small

+ No cap to lose

+ Decent read speeds (~16MB/s)

+ No software pre-installed



Cons:

- Slow write speeds (~4MB/s)

- No LED

This is a very small flash drive:



1 5/8 inches long x 11/16 inches wide x 5/16 inches high



This small size allows these drives to be placed side by side, even when the USB ports are very close together. The small size also means that it is just that much easier to lose (or be stolen). At the back of it there is a hole that will allow you to connect it to a string or a strap.



A big drawback for me is the absence of an LED. Without this LED, you will not be sure when it is active, You will get no direct feedback from this Flash drive.



The manufacturer has deliberately omitted the read and write speeds of this drive. That is because they know that it can be a slow poke at times.



In making your purchasing decision, these are the key issues:



- Price (not the cheapest)

- Size (the smallest, but no LED)

- Speed (pretty slow)

After losing my tried-and-true Cruzer, I knew that I wanted another SanDisk product. I liked the looks of this this one. Keep in mind it is smaller than the pictures make it look. It is about the size of two keys on a standard keyboard.

Pretty average read/write speeds.

The product takes a long time with plug n play. The problem is that it only works part time. I only use it for music but i have to take it out and put it back in several times to be recognized. I thought it was my computer so i took it to work and used it in 2 desktops, 3 laptops and 1 netbook. I hope that anyone else who gets this product has better luck. I have several SanDisk Micro, Mini and Standard SD cards and they work great. So not all is bad.

Capacity, durability and style very impressive. Word of caution: This product is smaller than it appears in photo. It could be easily lost. I personally attached it to my key-chain and carry it around in my pocket wherever I go. I would get a chain and hook for it to avoid losing it. I love how it attaches discreetly to the computer and one could hardly notice it, without sticking out and being in the way of everything like some other long/thick thumb drives.

Frankly, I have selected this product coz i had a gift card in hand and i had no idea what to buy using that .... But I would say this a best buy ... it is cheap and compact and style too .... But there is no cap or something like other usb drives ... I would recommend this if you are looking for a compact and cheap usb device - 8 Gig Usb Flash Drive - Flash Drive - 8gb - Blueproton'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information